• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A Miracle - My Story

Originally posted by Sokarr
    I don't think you know how to read.

Walking away is the smart choice.
    Yeah, at least I'm glad you realise that.

Arguing with idiots that have a one-sided view on life, reiterate their flawed points [to win an argument], base intelligence solely on age, and seek gratification in every post is, indeed, fighting a losing battle.

Clearly, if you knew how to read, blessed genius hailing from lands of emo, you would have understood that this post was a not a fucking debate, you retard.
    But, rather, simply a man expressing his gratitude for being alive.

Now, if you'll excuse me; the time is right for the word 'gratification' to attend its' evening sermon, procedurally laying it to rest at its' culmination.
    Last edited by Tsikuro; 06-26-2006, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsikuro
      Yeah, at least I'm glad you realise that.

Arguing with retards that have a one-sided view on life,
      Sorry the only retard here is you. According to you, appealing to logic is "emo? While you appeal to ... "feelings"? Faith? The Metaphysical?

reiterate their flawed points [to win an argument],
      Then by all means point out the "flaws". Oh that's right you never really bothered to. Because you can't?

base intelligence solely on age
      I based it on a quick glimpse of your posting history. Pointed out that you, a 16 year old child refer to me, a 28 year old MAN as a "kid". So you were the first one to "base intelligence solely on age" when you refered to me as a "kid".

and seek gratification in every post is, indeed, fighting a losing battle.
      And you're full of teen angst.

Clearly, if you knew how to read, blessed genius hailing from lands of emo, you would have understood that this post was a not a fucking debate, you retard.
      But, rather, simply a man expressing his gratitude for being alive.
      First of all fucktard, don't fucking buck up to me before your hairless testicles fully descend from your prepubescent body

Now instead of wasting your fucking time playing FFXI all fucking night. Maybe you should first learn to comprehend.

I'm just hoping that people who read this will realize that there IS A GOD out there and even if they don't place faith in him he/she will come down and save them when bad things happen.
      Realize that there is a GOD out there? So basically he hopes everyone reading should just give the finger to logic and that he will save me when bad things happen? Sounds like he wants to convince me that god exist. So I fucking replied (without anger or redicule by the fucking way).
      Last edited by Sokarr; 06-26-2006, 06:38 PM.
      SOKARRDAMUS

70 Dark Knight
      71 Thief

Comment

Post it on a net forum and it will get argued no matter how positive, in this case, one person saying its god, and another saying its extreme luck. There is no right or wrong answer damnit And just cause someone said it was luck rather then god doesn't make them emo, by throwing out that card its just like saying pmg stfu n00b these days...

Me? I rather consider it both- acts of god with extreme luck involved. I honestly don't put it all in one thing anymore for various reasons, mostly because they both are about the same when you think about it.

Long post short, call it god, call it luck, just don't bash the other cause they have a different way of lookin at it.
        Pyroelf, Sp34r M4st4 of Leafcull (AC), Samurai gimp of Midgardsormr.

...always with my kawaii Ami-chan, and Married as of 8/27/05 to her ^.^

Signature Image made out of pure boredom with MS Paint and hijacked icons from KI!

Comment

Originally posted by Pyro Elf
          Post it on a net forum and it will get argued no matter how positive, in this case, one person saying its god, and another saying its extreme luck. There is no right or wrong answer damnit And just cause someone said it was luck rather then god doesn't make them emo, by throwing out that card its just like saying pmg stfu n00b these days...

Me? I rather consider it both- acts of god with extreme luck involved. I honestly don't put it all in one thing anymore for various reasons, mostly because they both are about the same when you think about it.

Long post short, call it god, call it luck, just don't bash the other cause they have a different way of lookin at it.
          Yeah, I guess you're right.
          It's not worth arguing with another of his kind, either way... human waste.
          Starting debates where they clearly don't belong can only prove that-
          and look at his replies! He's talking about my testicles to reinforce his point.

Comment

I'm thankful that you're alive and safe. That would be absolutely horrible.

As for the arguement, I don't believe in god, but I think there is some sort of governing force (karma).

This is being taken out of hand. A man could've died, but came away relatively scot-free for the type of injury he sustained. Be thankful that a man has been saved.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsikuro
              Yeah, I guess you're right.
              It's not worth arguing with another of his kind, either way... human waste.
              That's because you can't argue for shit. You know the "flawed" points you pointed out? Maybe you should fucking point out the flaws. But retards like you like to make shit up and then backtrack when they know they can substantiate shit.

You come into this thread flinging insults at me FIRST, now you're trying to take the moral highground?

That doesn't prove god exist. Like we say in the self-defense world between a 9mm Parabellum and the .45ACP, shot placement is everything. There are people who have died from getting shot with pellet guns, on the flipside does that mean god is punishing them? It's extreme luck, nothing more.
              My first post. No insults, no cursing, no "emotion".

Someone posts, glad to be alive, and stupid emo kid playing DRK comes in and feels the need to be a bitch.
              If you want to debate the existance of God, this is not the place.

But wait- now you're very angry. You feel an injustice has been done against you, and you're completely enfuriated!
              http://www.onrpg.com/boards/general...light=Existance
              Go forth, my son, and earn gratification.
              Need I say more??

Starting debates where they clearly don't belong can only prove that-
              He made it clear to make it a point to tell people that his survival was the act of god (should have stopped there) and that it proves god exist and that WE (the readers) should realize that GOD EXIST. That's a "glad to be alive" post?

and look at his replies! He's talking about my testicles to reinforce his point.
              I wasn't talking about it to reinforce my points, but to show you that talking tough and cursing at me isn't going to do JACK SHIT.

Insulting you is entirely seperate from my points. You know the flawed points you keep talking about but can't fucking point out?

I wasn't even insulting the OP, I replied in a calm logical manner (like I always do, unless retards try to provoke a fight with me). I'm glad he's alive. He didn't have to add the last part, which wasn't simply a "glad I'm alive" post. It went so far as to tell us WE should believe in God.

Now if he had said "I thank god I'm alive." and left it at that. It would have been his personal opinion, but to add the last part is trying to push his belief on the rest of us. Which was just ASKING for a debate.
              Last edited by Sokarr; 06-26-2006, 07:26 PM.
              SOKARRDAMUS

70 Dark Knight
              71 Thief

Comment

Bah lets all calm down now >.>
                No flame fests k

Well, I tried my part.

Signature Image made out of pure boredom with MS Paint and hijacked icons from KI!

Comment

I'm saying it's God simply because if 2 litres of blood (infact any amount of blood) coming out of your head would result in you being retarded, dead, or loss some kind of function. Yet I'm still here typing, feeling emotions, and wanting to tell Sokarr to get the hell outta my thread because he's an attention whore who, rather than turning away from an argument, continues to augment it.

By the way, our bodies on average have 4 litres of blood, if 2 litres of blood come out of your damn HEAD then that person should be 'watching others from above' and I'm not now am I.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
                    I'm saying it's God simply because if 2 litres of blood (infact any amount of blood) coming out of your head would result in you being retarded, dead, or loss some kind of function. Yet I'm still here typing, feeling emotions, and wanting to tell Sokarr to get the hell outta my thread because he's an attention whore who, rather than turning away from an argument, continues to augment it.

By the way, our bodies on average have 4 litres of blood, if 2 litres of blood come out of your damn HEAD then that person should be 'watching others from above' and I'm not now am I.
                    Indeed.

No amount of sheer luck can save you once you've just about died. It's mathematically impossible.

Comment

Whether or not there is a God and if he saved your life does not matter. The important thing is that your alive. Also, the people who are trying to hijack this thread with their arguing should stop.
                      You kill one man, your a murderer
                      Kill many and your a conquerer
                      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

I very much agree could be luck could be god im not sure if i believe in him but....well...good post trying to stop the arguing...
                        Originally posted by DrivenTooFar
                        Whether or not there is a God and if he saved your life does not matter. The important thing is that your alive. Also, the people who are trying to hijack this thread with their arguing should stop.
                        Exactly...

and i hope youre odd orange leak heals and your head causes you no more pain soon.
                        I like pie........no seriously.. i do.

Das Oldskoolen
                        It's not a pizza. It's a bomb.
                        We didn't order a bomb either.

My Fav

THF:43 RNG:24 BLU:13 WHM:14 BLM:13 PUP:7 COR:9
                        Windy Rank: 4 <-----Humar ( retired )

THF:51 RNG:27 BLU:9 WHM:21 BLM:18 NIN:27 WAR:15
                        Windy Rank: 5 <-----Hucast
                        Clothcraft: 6.8(?) Skills to come: Leathercraft, cooking, goldsmithing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiro_Hayate
                          I'm saying it's God simply because if 2 litres of blood (infact any amount of blood) coming out of your head would result in you being retarded, dead, or loss some kind of function. Yet I'm still here typing, feeling emotions, and wanting to tell Sokarr to get the hell outta my thread
                          Sorry this isn't "your" thread because this isn't "your" forum. You posted making a claim that god exist and I replied to it. What did you expect? Everyone to agree with you? And I've already provided a opposite example of your own logic of people who died of stastically non-serious injuries. Are these people being punished by God??

because he's an attention whore who,
                          Who's attention am I seeking? This is a discussion forum, I'm discuss RIGHT NOW MY ARGUMENT TO YOUR STATEMENTS.

You're the one who posted a thread with a statement you claim to be factual (your survival was the result of divine intervention). You're the one who posted links to your online diary (can't get more attention whorish then publishing your thoughts for all to see, now can you??)

You claim via anecdotal evidence that God is exist, that we should realize this. So I asked you if God saved your life from a serious life threatening injury then what about people who died from injuries that are statistically non life threatening for the majority of the cases?

If you were so thankful to God for not having any permanent injuries to your brain then why don't you thank him by using it? Ad misericordiam (Logical fallacy "appealing to pity" BTW), "post hoc ergo propter hoc" doesn't make your argument valid. The whole point of believing in god is FAITH, you don't need to prove his existence because of FAITH.

And for the record no where did I say that God doesn't exist. Rather I challenge your "proof"/evidence to his existence as non-conclusive.

rather than turning away from an argument, continues to augment it.
                          Because this is a forum for discussion, debate. What do you want people to do on a forum? Nod their heads in agreement to everything?

The average volume of an adult is ~5-6liters. Losing a lot of blood isn't instant 100% death. It's increases your risk of DYING by a large margin, but not the 100% death sentence that no one can possibly EVER NEVER NOT IN A TRILLION YEAR survive. Unless you're telling me that right now you're talking, walking around with ~50-60% of your total blood volume. You're telling me that you could have just walked home without any sort of medical attention? You're telling me it wasn't the EMTs, Emergency room facilities that contributed to you being alive?

Originally posted by Draco Dagon
                          Indeed.

No amount of sheer luck can save you once you've just about died. It's mathematically impossible.
                          Oh it's "mathmatically impossible" guess I'm mistaken.

It's statistically improbable.

There are hundreds of cases of people being revived after clinical deaths each year from hypothermia. Then there small minority of people who die from falling off ladders and the small minority of people who survive falling from great heights. The statistics for surviving a fall off a ladder is GREATER then the statistics for surviving a fall from great heights.

Originally posted by DrivenTooFar
                          Like I said... I never argued that God DIDN'T exist but rather pointed out that his evidence is flimsy and doesn't "prove" anything. God doesn't need you to prove he exist, it's all about faith, that's the point of religion.

I don't debate with "feelings", I argue with objective facts and empirical evidence. I apply critical thinking and logic to gather facts, evidence to support my arguments/deductions to come to a sound conclusion.
                          Last edited by Sokarr; 06-29-2006, 08:08 PM.
                          SOKARRDAMUS

70 Dark Knight
                          71 Thief

Comment

Originally posted by Sokarr
                            Sorry this isn't "your" thread because this isn't "your" forum.
                            This isn't your thread either, and neither the forum in belonging to you.

You claim via anecdotal evidence that God is exist, that we should realize this.
                            He doesn't claim YOU should realize a being other than yourself exists.

If you were so thankful to God for not having any permanent injuries to your brain then why don't you thank him by using it? Ad misericordiam (Logical fallacy "appealing to pity" BTW), "post hoc ergo propter hoc" doesn't make your argument valid. The whole point of believing in god is FAITH, you don't need to prove his existence because of FAITH.
                            Do you use big words to cover for something you might not have down below?

Because this is a forum for discussion, debate. What do you want people to do on a forum? Nod their heads in agreement to everything?
                            I don't see anywhere on this entire board is there a rule stating every thread requires a debate to follow.

Oh it's "mathmatically impossible" guess I'm mistaken.

It's statistically improbable.

There are hundreds of cases of people being revived after clinical deaths each year from hypothermia. Then there small minority of people who die from falling off ladders and the small minority of people who survive falling from great heights. The statistics for surviving a fall off a ladder is GREATER then the statistics for surviving a fall from great heights.
                            For every calculation, there is one more calculation and an infinitely larger amount of calculations to follow. No mathematician plays with luck.

I don't debate with "feelings", I argue with objective facts and empirical evidence. I apply critical thinking and logic to gather facts, evidence to support my arguments/deductions to come to a sound conclusion.
                            That's what they all say, or like to say anyways. So far, you're no different.
                            Last edited by Draco Dagon; 06-29-2006, 08:56 PM.

Comment

The thing is it dosen't matter if you believe in GOD or not because he believes in you. saying I don't believe in GOD because I've never seen him is like saying you don't believe in England or the wind because I've never seen ethier of those. But theres tones of evidence they are real and there is lots of evidence he is too.

Comment

For every calculation, there is one more calculation and an infinitely larger amount of calculations to follow. No mathematician plays with luck.

Because for every action in every day life, god decides weather or not you live or die by an action caused to you based upon the chance that you make your saving roll upon disaster... Either that or the answer ito all lifes questions is 49, or 45 or osmenthe liek dat....

edit: stand corrected, I think it was 42. I was close.

But it doesn't matter...

All that matters is... Jesus saves.

....everyone else takes 5d20.

Comment

Working...
                                X