X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 837 New Posts!!!

HFC!!!

I try to keep up here pretty regularly. I checked the new posts last night for my last time at around 2200 EST.

When I come back today at 1300, there are 837 new posts?!?

Honestly, is there even that much to talk about? I can't read all that, I'm jest a kuntry boy...

Re: 837 New Posts!!!

Not to worry, I'm going to filter the Social/Off Topic forums from "New Posts" button, i'm going to try finishing it tonight.

Comment

I came back after 5 hours of sleep to find 7 pages of missed posts. @_@ Luckily several pages of them were organizational stickies in the new social forums and RunningDemon's transfer of his bst information, so it didn't amount to a lot of reading. Still, dang. A lot to keep up with.
      lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

dang you young'uns. my body can't take only 5 hours of sleep any more... but yeah, went to bed early last night and checked this morning to have 9 pages of new posts.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

U know...

<whisper>

My gun is well oiled and still loaded...

I feel sorry for you Mods sometimes, not only for THIS surge in posts, but I'm pretty sure quality control is fun with these also...

Comment

Mods have been doing a great job thus far... keep doing what you're doing and you won't have to worry about 'quality control'.
            sigpic

Comment

i wish people would start to look at when posts were made. people are digging up random threads from 6 months +.... there's a reason why those threads were dead.
              Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
              ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

That should die down once there are some fresh threads. Mostly this is taking place in the server forums, where months old threads are still hanging around on the front page.

Comment

Originally posted by Omni-Ragnarok
                  i wish people would start to look at when posts were made. people are digging up random threads from 6 months +.... there's a reason why those threads were dead.
                  Yeah, I've noticed that a lot. A few times I've considered posting a friendly notice about the OP date, but I figure that would just be needlessly bumping the thread again, which I'd like to avoid.

Besides, I post enough as it is. I really need more things to do during this time of day.

Comment

Ya with the big number of refugees I think the mods are doing great. I just wish the new ppl would keep their hellos to one thread.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

Lol, got back after a weekend of not visiting here. Usually when I do that it's only like 300-600 New Posts, this time I had 3,400 New Posts.

Double Post Edited:
                      Originally posted by Gawaine
                      Ya with the big number of refugees I think the mods are doing great. I just wish the new ppl would keep their hellos to one thread.
                      Yeah, been working on getting them to do that... Kind of a win/lose on it.
                      Last edited by Macht; 05-09-2006, 11:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Gawaine
                        QFT

Then again there's not a lot we can do about that. Don't want hand out rude welcomings by locking or deleting everyone's first post, and it wouldn't help much anyway since in all likelyhood the thread is going to slide off the front page just as fast either way. Just have to wait out the storm.

Boondocks rules, btw.

Comment

Got to work yesterday morning, turned on my Mac, went to the forum and bang, 1328 posts in last 16 hours!!!

Comment

IMO we need a sticky that Alla people should read, about what is an off topic post, and what is a Server Forum post.

I saw one last night about a fundraiser for Breast Cancer under the Cerberus (I think) forums. I was like WTF?

Alla people: Off topics mean things that aren't FFXI related, you can post a topic about ANYTHING there. Server forums are for finding set parties, selling things, dynamis/HNMLS recruitment, etc. Please stop posting things on the server forums that don't belong there. ; ;

(BTW, what does QFT mean, I've never heard that one before? ;o )
                            Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                            90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

QFT = quoted for truth

We've also got the server specific lounges for people to chat casually with others on their server.

Comment

Working...
                              X