Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please listen...this is very important...it involves children!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please listen...this is very important...it involves children!!

I typically don't do this sort of thing because I hate to sound like a begger or something; but this is something that I do believe in and I am asking for assistance from as many people as I can. I have included this same post on both my site, blog, and a few other sites I visit. I am serious about this and I need as much help as I can get.

This year I will be bowling for the Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Arkansas's Bowl For Kid's Sake 2006. My team will be participating on February 17th.

My team captain is expecting each bowler to get $100 in donations each. I want to go higher (I am setting my personal goal for $500) because I want to really help this organization. I did a lot of stuff for them in the past and I believe they do a lot of good in the lives of children.

So I am asking for anyone generous enough to pledge a donation to please follow the link below. I believe the minimum is $10 for the flat donation. I think that they have per pin pledge too, but I have never bowled before and that will probably not help any kids if I throw gutter balls.

And because I am serious about this, I want you know that I am going to donate $100 myself; so really all I want is to get as many people as I can to help me reach the next $400 between now and February 17th. Who knows, with everyone's help we may even double the goal....but I will be happy reaching the $500.

Okay, here is the link:

http://bowlforkids2006.kintera.org

> When you get there, click the Sponsor Bowler link.
    > Then enter Jonathan and Smith in the first and last name fields.
    > Click on my name.
    > Enter your donation amount.
    > Fill out the billing form completely. The Matching Gift can be omitted because I don't think my company is matching.

Thank you for your time with this and please, if you can donate anything it will do a lot of good. It goes a long way to helping a lot of kids.
    You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Re: Please listen...this is very important...it involves children!!

I tend not to donate money to anything, because I don't have enough to donate at the particular times. However, why don't you start practice bowling until then? Perhaps ask the better bowlers at your local alley to help you out.

Either way, good luck and have fun!

Comment

But it isn't about bowling. Its about raising some money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I don't care if every ball is a gutter ball, I just want to help out some of these kids. That is what this is really all about, helping out kids that need it.

If you can help, then fine...if you cannot, also fine. I just wanted to get as many people as I could to help by visiting all the sites I frequent regularly.
      You know what, you can kiss my...

Red Mage 38 | White Mage 10 | Black Mage 17 | Bard 10 | Ranger 03 | Alchemy 38 | Cooking 09

RDM: Rose Duelist Mithra

Comment

Originally posted by ultimaknight
        But it isn't about bowling. Its about raising some money for Big Brothers Big Sisters. I don't care if every ball is a gutter ball, I just want to help out some of these kids. That is what this is really all about, helping out kids that need it.

If you can help, then fine...if you cannot, also fine. I just wanted to get as many people as I could to help by visiting all the sites I frequent regularly.
        I know it's not about bowling. I was just suggesting.

Comment

I'm sure your motivations are sincere but I honestly don't believe this is appropriate for a FFXI forum.

Comment

"Off topics" isnt a FFXI Forum.....
            75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
            Woodworking 91.9+2
            ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

I was referring to the FFXI forums in general.

Comment

Working...
              X