This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baby names!!

My sister sarah is having a baby. (shes actually having twins) They are boys any sugesstions? (she is my twin sister!) She likes ff like me and was thinking of calling then loz and kadaj. what do you lot think?> lis x

Re: baby names!!

Personally I like Alexander (Alex), Nick etc. I don't really think it's a good idea to be naming kids after a game, unless the character names are within reason. Although if you're naming them something from FFXI, try to use an Elvaan/Hume name, Galka usually have two words in theirs (Rotting Fish) and Tarutaru's names usually rhyme (Buru-dulu) and I really cant say anything for mithra names. Anyways, (Good luck) to your sister.

Comment

thanks alot! She is kinda scared about the birth and all...

Good thing is I'm gonna be an auntie! yay!

Comment

I named my Grandson after FF characters. The names are widely acceptable in society though. No one would even know thats where they came from. Good thing too because my son-in-law was not too happy when he found out the reason behind the name! LOL My grandson's are Vincent (FF7) and Alexander (various FF's).
        Originally posted by Feba
        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
        Originally posted by Taskmage
        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
        Originally posted by DakAttack
        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

I would avoid using game character's name as your sons though (especially names like Loz and Kadaj) I mean, those are rare names and ppl are gonna notice you got that from....AC.
          noein 萌え

kagerou1.deviantart.com

Comment

You could name them Cecil and Kain. Those aren't too bad of names and not too obvious. Just don't name them things like Wakka or Tidus or they'll hate you for it.
            You kill one man, your a murderer
            Kill many and your a conquerer
            Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

Well me, my brother were named by the meaning of the names. Our sisters name was our Father's choice if I remember right, it's meaning is a little disturbing (I think anyway)

My names meaning is "Christbearing Protector of Manking"
              My brothers is "God's Judgment, God's Gift"
              My sister "Supplanter, who is like god"

For those that don't know supplanter is like assuming false identity, or assuming property that isn't yours. Like a claim jumper, so her name basically means like "False God"?

If you need help with names and decide to use it's meaning to help you name it then here's some sites you can have your twin sis browse through to see if anything gets her intrest.

Baby Names!
              Baby Names World
              Social Security Administration, Popular Baby Names (Just threw it is so you can see which are chosen quite often)
              Baby Center (Found Maat in there, means "Truth or Law")
              Last edited by Macht; 01-23-2006, 01:39 PM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Originally posted by Fliegar
                Personally I like Alexander (Alex), Nick etc. I don't really think it's a good idea to be naming kids after a game, unless the character names are within reason. Although if you're naming them something from FFXI, try to use an Elvaan/Hume name, Galka usually have two words in theirs (Rotting Fish) and Tarutaru's names usually rhyme (Buru-dulu) and I really cant say anything for mithra names. Anyways, (Good luck) to your sister.
                'Cause Buru-Dulu definetely rhymes. XD
                Make sure you call one of them VINCENT.

Comment

I've got 2 Boys and 1 Girl...

Devlin Broderick
                  Phenix Alixander
                  Madison Paige

The main thing me and my wife talked about was how long a name actually lasts and what the ramifications of a bad name could be. Don't forget the kid with the goofy name in middle school. I'm sure he/she hated it. We also spent hours upon hours scouring name books and websites to put together names that have a good meaning as well as sound vocally pleasing to say, i.e. 2 syllables,3 syllables, 2 syllables. Stuff like that. It helps to make a long list of names you would use as a First name and names you would use a middle name, and then sit down and write out combinations of them.

Btw, amongst popular belief, my middle son was not named after summoning magics. After doing the baby name thing while I was in Iraq, me and my wife compared names and found that name to be the only one we had found in common.

Comment

Originally posted by Macht
                    Well me, my brother were named by the meaning of the names. Our sisters name was our Father's choice if I remember right, it's meaning is a little disturbing (I think anyway)

My names meaning is "Christbearing Protector of Manking"
                    My brothers is "God's Judgment, God's Gift"
                    My sister "Supplanter, who is like god"

For those that don't know supplanter is like assuming false identity, or assuming property that isn't yours. Like a claim jumper, so her name basically means like "False God"?

If you need help with names and decide to use it's meaning to help you name it then here's some sites you can have your twin sis browse through to see if anything gets her intrest.

Baby Names!
                    Baby Names World
                    Social Security Administration, Popular Baby Names (Just threw it is so you can see which are chosen quite often)
                    Baby Center (Found Maat in there, means "Truth or Law")
                    Indeed. Names are not something to joke about, everyone is named from birth for particular reasons. As stated already, the name you give to your child is going to be his/her marking beyond death itself. Even if the person changes their name, the name you gave is a permament mark.

Think wisely, and think what YOU as the parent want your kid to be-then decide the name of your newborn.

Comment

The only thing I have to say here is, remember when naming your children, that at young ages (some all through life), other children are often crule. I worked with a guy named Scott Head, and he had a son he named Richard. As most of you probably know, the short/nickname for Richard is Rick, and also the less popular, Dick. Most kids who grow up with the name Richard suffer the nickname of Dick at least a few times in there life, but thin how much worse it was for this poor kid. Richard, a.k.a. Dick...Head. Please, don't do this to your children. And don't name them something ignorant for your own amusement or gain (not that I'm saying naming them for the game is either of these). For example, in the guiness book of world records (at one time anyway) it was recorded that a man named his 2 children Ifarted and Youfarted, simply to win the record for stupidest names. This is ridiculous, and selfish. Having said that, I hope your sister has a safe delivery and gives birth to 2 healthy boys, that I'm sure will end up with great names.

Comment

Originally posted by PotentPotables
                        The main thing me and my wife talked about was how long a name actually lasts and what the ramifications of a bad name could be. Don't forget the kid with the goofy name in middle school. I'm sure he/she hated it. We also spent hours upon hours scouring name books and websites to put together names that have a good meaning as well as sound vocally pleasing to say, i.e. 2 syllables,3 syllables, 2 syllables. Stuff like that. It helps to make a long list of names you would use as a First name and names you would use a middle name, and then sit down and write out combinations of them.
                        Did you do this after you named all your children?

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                          A little harsh, but still funny. Those names don't exactly just roll of the tongue as the expression goes. But I'm not criticizing, to each their own. (Unless their own falls under the category of my previous post...)

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction
                            Be nice now, this thread was started with good intentions and good responses. Please don't start turning it into something different then that.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Vincent and Alexander ftw.

Odin might be pretty cool.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
                              SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

Working...
                              X