This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attacks on central London.

I'm from the UK and found out earlier thismorning that 7 bombs had been set off in the London underground train systems as well as other public transport.

Aparently, 50 people have been pronounced dead so far, only hours after the attack, and this number is only likely to increase over the next few days. They are also saying that there may be many more attacks coming over the next few days.

Dunno if the news has spread abroad yet (I'm sure it has).

My dad works in London daily, and travels on the Waterloo line, but today is the only day this week he has off work, which is extremely lucky in my eyes.

Re: Attacks on central London.

Yup I heard over on the radio. Quite tragic.

All you UK'ers on this board, I hope you and yours stay safe during these troubled times.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Yeah this really sucks, I really hope there aren't any more attacks. =( Stay safe

~~~~ FFXI Photographs ~~~~

Comment

that is terrible news :depress:
        Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Please take a moment to pray for everyone today. It doesnt matter what religion you are, please pray that there are surivors of this terrible event.
          ---------------------------

www.tinyurl.com/servants12

Comment

Yeah, I heard about this attack like 2hrs ago. Very sad to hear, stay safe.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

Our news in NA is saying 4 bombs and 30 dead. Crazy shyt.

They need FFXI in the middle east. Leveling would keep 'em too busy to bomb the world powers.

NIN75/RNG75/RDM75
              SMN66/COR66/WAR55/BRD55/DRK51

Stephen King's Wizard and Glass: Fools are the only folk on earth absolutely guaranteed to get what they deserve.

Comment

I just heard when I logged onto Eve-Online, there was a message that said "Keep the London bombing chats out of Eve General and go to Eve Chat". Figured you guys would know what happened...

It's amazing how lucky some people are like the orignally poster, reminds me of 911. One of my ex gf's who knew her uncle was working in New York got worried sick, only to find out he called in sick that day.

EDIT:
                Edited due to statement that is offending other posters. Please be a little more carefull what you state.
                Last edited by Macht; 07-07-2005, 09:36 AM.

Comment

lets try to not comment others and be rude in this topic >.< its not nice seein how the mood is no happy

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                    what?! that's the most asinine thing i've ever read. you only die from terrorist attacks because you are bad? wtf?
                    I don't know, just from what I've expierenced many people that have never lost anyone they know due to explosions such as that. It could be just because I'm lucky, I'm sure there are others who have but how do you know the people who died didn't do some major big sin the other day. I know it sounds crazy but it seems a lot of rich people end up dead from what I've heard on the news. Maybe it's only because they had enough money to make themselves important....whatever, don't take it offensively I'm not sure what I'm thinking this morning.

Comment

no offense but that's kind of whack world view imo. I mean, things just happen..not everything has to be labeled with a reason. If anything, the "bad guys" here are the ones killing people, don't villainize the victims.
                      Typho - Elvaan - San d'Oria - Rank 10 - Titan

THF - 75 | RNG - 55 | NIN - 38 | WAR - 27 | WHM - 20 | SAM - 16 | MNK - 14 | BLM - 10

Comment

Ok, lets keep it on topic... This spin off of Karma philosophy and such is not good for this topic right now.

EDIT:

Not only that but I don't think it can really be applied that well to these situations, and it's a little twisted to what Karma and the repricusions from it really are.
                        Last edited by Macht; 07-07-2005, 09:18 AM.

Cheezy Test Result (I am nerdier than 96% of all people. Are you nerdier? Click here to find out!)

Comment

My uncle Chris died on 9/11 he wasn't bad nor was he rich...

fk yes

Comment

Shiro. The bombs planted on that were killing mainly working class Britons. Theres nor real way to find out if they were bad people and frankly it shouldn't matter. The people who plotted these attacks are in the wrong. If they can't find a way to constructivly express their views then they need to re-think how they're doing things.

My condolances go out to all those that were affected by these attacks. I also wish good luck to all those traveling within London in the near future. I myself was on the Baker-Loo line on monday. I couldn;t imagine how bad it was for people caught up in that scenario in such a confined and stressful space.

-------

-------

-------
                            Thats our leader!

Comment

Its sad to hear
                              msn.com is now saying 4 bombs, 37 dead.

Maybe now Europe will finally stop criticizing George Bush and America for being Warmongers fighting a pointless war, etc. Either way, its still a tragic loss.

Windurst Rank 10. ZM14. CoP M5-2.
                              RDM->62 (AF Completed), MNK->62 (AF Completed).

Comment

Working...
                              X