This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival 2007 Report

Mainly place holder while I transcribe everything.....

Note: Some of these will render some of our interview questions null and answered.

Check back after 1:00 AM for juicy news.... maybe.
    After I get my dinner.

Opening Ceremonies and Revelation of two new job classes

The first day of the Fan Festival 2007 began with the Opening Ceremonies at 9:30 AM. Immediately after the morning opening ceremonies, the two new job classes were revealed as part of the new Wings of the Goddess Expansion in a 30 minute presentation:

Introduction of the Dancer Class: (I was not able to complete my notes on the Dancer class, so things are missing.)
    Dancers have abilities to enfeeble monsters through the use of steps. These steps, which enfeeble the enemy, can be used multiple times to build into finishing moves which will result in various effects in combat. The use of the dancer will be to battle and use steps to enfeeble the enemy, gain TP, and use finishing moves to gain effects to heal or enhance and help the PT.

Introduction of the Scholar Class:
    Scholars are magic users that can use specialized magic from both the White Magic and Black Magic spells depending on the stance they choose. The Scholar's concept is not to create a master of magic, but to create a job that can effectively use limited magic spells to create a unique ability set. The scholar is intended to be a back line magic user that not only provide support to the party in the back, but also provide attack support from the back without going to the front. The battle stance will allow the scholar to more focus on black magic or white magic depending upon the situation. The major difference that separates a scholar from a mage is their "Charges" ability, while mages have a cool down counter that limits the use of a spell given a period of time, a scholar can freely use spells given the number of charges stored up during the times they do not use the spell.

In addition, the Window mode for Final Fantasy XI was reviewed to be made available next Tuesday (November 20)

TaruTaru Marathon
    At 3:00 PM a TaruTaru Marathon started lasting for about 20 minutes. All the players receive level 1 TaruTarus and must run to a Heal Scroll selling Galka in the middle of Mamook, purchase and use the Heal Scroll, then run to the Goal Galka and heal the Goal Galka to win. The process must be completed in 20 minutes, or the closest Taru wins.

No one actually got to the goal, as they died repeatedly "in the depths of Mamook". The third place winner mainly looked for logging points trying to find his way to the "Gooooaaaallll" Galka. He won a set of Logitech speakers (if I remember correctly), while the second place winner, using the map provided faithfully, receive the Logitech speakers plus accessories. While the first place winner received a custom PC by CoolMaster. Pictures of the winners are available in the photo gallery (when they are uploaded).

Atomos Challenge
    The Atomos Challenge began at 3:00 PM, the same time as the TaruTaru Marathon. Participants must then start a character from scratch and race to see who can either: obtain the most gil OR obtain the highest level amongst all the participants. There was also a third "secret category" that people can attempt to guess to meet. Several participants was speculating that the third category is "rank points", "conquest points", or "the number of deaths".

More to come, please come back later and read the thread.
    Last edited by KamuroIshigami; 11-17-2007, 10:31 AM. Reason: Added stuff.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Final Fantasy XI Fan Festival 2007 Report

I just got back from fan fest and I have some pics as well as video that I'm uploading now that I can be used in conjunction with AKosygin's post. I have about 25 pictures and about 12 short videos (~4-8minutes each).

Some random photos I snapped.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/bribot/...7603212254848/
    Last edited by Omni; 11-16-2007, 10:40 PM.
    Omni@Remora: NIN75 RNG75 MNK75 COR75 BST64 BRD53
    ♪♫ San d'Oria Complete ♪♫ ZM Complete ♪♫ CoP Complete ♪♫ AM Complete ♪♫

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/omnibla...7603205269587/

My photos, with more detail Junk. AKosygin, do you want me to bring you a copy of them on CD? so you can Upload them to the Gallery? They are uncompressed.

Omni: Aren't you going to meet me somewhere over there? XD Where have you been hiding?

EDIT: Updated photos for all 3 days. Put everything in Chronological order. Enjoy.
      Sorry for some blurry pictures. I was standing in the back or mid back of the hall sometimes for those shots and I shook the camera I need a tripod next year.
      Last edited by Omniblast; 11-18-2007, 07:56 AM. Reason: Updated for all 3 days.
      Hacked on 9/9/09
      FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I got off at work at like 5 today. Didnt get to the festival until like 7 due to traffic. I was looking for you but way too many people. I'll be there tomorrow at ~3pm. How about I meet you outside at registration counter at 5pm?

Comment

Ok, make sure you check the schedule I think there might be a event during that time.
          I'm usually hanging out at the Lakshmi table with my Party for Live Quest.
          Hacked on 9/9/09
          FFXIAH - Omniblast

Comment

I moved the videos into its own thread so it doesnt clutter the other info being posted by Akosygin. I also uploaded the batch of videos I took during Day 3.

FFXI Fan Fest 2007 Videos
            Last edited by Omni; 11-19-2007, 09:30 AM.

Comment

The Taru marathon sounded like it was a blast. Reminds me of the old days of taking lvl 1 characters form the starting cities all the way up to Jueno, or other starting cities, on as few deaths as possible. Fun Times.

Comment

Thank you so much for posting these, it was great to watch.
                To be the best in this game...you must help each other become the best.

Comment

The woman wearing the Opaline armor/costume was HOT.

Comment

thanks for the photos guys wish i coulda been there!

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Any chance of writing down what was said? I guess my ears are broken, as I can't understand most of them...thx

*thx for the videos though!

Comment

Cheese sammich? Pleeese, XI needs the food of the gods added: Pizza
                        sigpic
                        "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                        Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by BurningPanther View Post
                          The woman wearing the Opaline armor/costume was HOT.
                          Yea, as opposed to whomever was dressed up as Garuda. Garuda is naked, mang, naked. Dye body hair green, put on a green mask, and have another girl hold up green wings behind you.

Comment

Also, a transcription of that panel and other things can be found @ FFXIclopedia like usual.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
                              Yea, as opposed to whomever was dressed up as Garuda. Garuda is naked, mang, naked. Dye body hair green, put on a green mask, and have another girl hold up green wings behind you.
                              I'm reminded of the Playboy costume party(yes, I do read the articles, but the photos are a nice bonus); hundreds of gorgeous playmates wearing nothing but spray paint, pasted rhinestones, and smiles on their faces.

Comment

Working...
                              X