This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big apple anime fest

i want to know if anyone is going to the nyc anime expo next weekend. feel free to vote on the poll.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
    Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

As much as I would like to go. New York is to far from me atleast a good couple of hours. Maybe some other time
    If people went threw life without question and did as destiny layed before them, the single thought of one being in control of one's life would be lost to all.

Comment

i went the first year...i dont think i have plans to go back, new york is all the way up there.
      PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
      Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
      WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
      Currently Playing:
      FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

just two questions Pai Pai Master, is it any good, and do you have to pay more than $10?

ill be gratefull for a response......

do you always play the beta? when ever i check the admins on aim, yours and Kelenae always have away messages saying playing ffxi.
        guess that is three, not two..:sweat:

Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion

Comment

Oh what date, time, and do you have to pay? I will go and check it out.

-Rico-
          Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
          Goldsmith - 85.2

Comment

im thinking of going after work
            its august 29 and 30th
            i never been to an anime...thingy...so im really excited about going
            "no matter where you go you are what you are playa
            and you can try to change but that's just the top layer
            man...you was who you was when you got here"

Comment

let's see if it fits in two posts

Ticket, Registration & Pricing Info:

BAAF is proud to annouce ticket prices for 2003, including the newly created BAAF PowerPass™ !!

Online Sales of ALL PASSES (Weekend Pass, BAAF Powerpass, & BAAF Powerpass Lite) has been closed. You may purchase passes (cash only!) at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, fourth floor, starting at 8:00am on Friday, August 29th. Passes will be on sale from 8:00am to 6:00pm, Friday through Sunday during BAAF 2003.
              PowerPass and PowerPass Lite Passes will NOT be available for sale at the festival.

Click here to review festival rules.

Please scroll down for our Frequently Asked Questions about tickets.

Ticket Type Hours of Admission Price How to Purchase

Half Day Pass 10 am to 6 pm
              Friday, Saturday, Sunday $15 ($10 for children under 12) At con only, daily from 8 am, for that day only

Full Day Pass 10 am to Midnight
              Friday, Saturday, Sunday $20 At con only, daily from 8 am, for that day only

Weekend Pass 10 am Friday to
              Midnight Sunday $40 Either online or at con

BAAF PowerPass™ 10 am Friday to
              Midnight Sunday
              $895 Available Online only.
              Only 400 available (BAAF PowerPass™ & BAAF PowerPass Lite™ combined), on first-come first-served basis.

BAAF PowerPass Lite™ 10 am Friday to
              Midnight Sunday
              $595

All Online ticket sales are non-refundable.
              Have questions about tickets? Send it to Tickets@bigappleanime.org

All ticket sales at the con will be cash only!

FAQ about BAAF Tickets and Registration:

Do I need to buy tickets to enter BAAF events?

Yes. Unless you win them via a special BAAF contest. Check our website regularly for contest details.

What are the BAAF rules?

Refer to our rules page.

Do I need to pre-register, or can I buy tickets at the convention?

Half Day and Full Day Passes are only available at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel, on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, August 29 to 31, 2003. Tickets are sold for each specific day only. (In other words, tickets for Friday are sold on Friday, tickets for Saturday are sold on Saturday, and tickets for Sunday are sold on Sunday.) Please note that ticket sales will be cash only, to speed up the payment lines.

Weekend Passes, BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ are available on-line at www.bigappleanimefest.com.

Weekend Passes will also be available at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, but BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ will not be sold at the convention and must be purchased on-line in advance.

Where can I buy tickets?

You can buy the Weekend pass, BAAF PowerPass™, and the BAAF PowerPass Lite™ passes on-line by clicking on the link at the top of this page. The BAAF PowePass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ passes will only be available for purchase on-line. You won't be able to buy them at the convention.

Weekend Passes can be purchased at the convention, along with Half-Day Passes or Full-Day Passes. Starting Friday, August 29th at 8:00am. You will be able to purchase these Passes on the fourth floor of the Marriott Marquis at the BAAF Registration Table.

Do I need to worry about not being able to buy tickets?

Only 400 combined BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lites™ will be made available, so we expect these will sell out quickly. We recommend you order them soon to avoid disappointment.

Weekend Passes are not limited in number, but the Free BAAF 2003 T-Shirt Offer is limited to purchases made online thru May 31, 2003.

Half Day and Full Day Passes are only available at the Marriott Marquis Hotel, for each specific day. We do not anticipate running out of passes at this time, but we reserve the right to discontinue sales each day should hotel capacity limits be reached.

What events go with what tickets?

Half Day Passes will admit holders to events up to 6 pm on the day of the pass. These tickets will not be valid for events after 6 pm each day.

Full Day Passes will admit holders to events up to midnight on the day of the pass. These tickets will not be valid for events after midnight each day.

Weekend Passes will admit holders to events from 10 am on Friday, August 29, to midnight on Sunday, August 31, 2003.

With the exception of Premieres and special BAAF PowerPass™ events which are limited to BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ holders, all other events (dealer room, live panels and events, autograph sessions, films and video screenings) are open on a first-come, first-served basis, with BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ holders given seating preference (like First Class seating on an airplane).

Does my PowerPass™ cover all of my hotel expenses at BAAF?

No. Purchase of the BAAF PowerPass™ covers all the good stuff described on the PowerPass page, plus the hotel room and sales tax. It does not cover the cost of extra people staying in the room with you, use of the mini bar, purchase of movies to watch in your room, cost of any damages you do to the room, nor provide bail for you if you are caught damaging your room.

If I purchase my passes on-line, when do I get them?

You'll be able to pick up your passes starting Friday, August 29th at 8:00am on the fourth floor of the Marriott Marquis. Please follow the directions we will send you after you've purchased your passes.

I bought my pass online before June 1, 2003. When do I get my T-shirt or goodies?

Purchasers of the Weekend Pass can pick up their T-shirt at the same time they pick up their pass starting Friday, August 29th at 8:00am on the fourth floor of the Marriott Marquis.
              Purchasers of the BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ can pick up their T-shirt and assorted goodies at the same time they pick up their pass starting Friday, August 29th at 8:00am on the fourth floor of the Marriott Marquis.

So why do BAAF PowerPass™ holders get to butt the lines?

The more people who stay in the Marriott Marquis Hotel, the lower the rent that is charged for the use of the hotel. Each BAAF PowerPass™ holder is paying for three hotel nights, and is therefore helping to subsidize lower entrance fees for all other fans. BAAF PowerPass Lite™ Holders are paying a large premium over normal ticket prices, which also helps to subsidize ticket costs for all other attendees. As our "thank-you," they get to go to the head of the lines. We hope everyone understands this.

Can BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ holders show up anytime after an event has started and still get in?

No (unless there is still space). All BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ holders must show up at least 15 minutes before the start of an event to exercise their PowerPass privileges.

What happens if the BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ holders don't show up at least 15 minutes before the start of an event?

Any available seats will be released 10 minutes before the start of the show to all other eligible pass holders (This includes Film Premieres).

So how come there are only 400 BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ combined, for sale?

This is the capacity of the theater for the Premiere Film Screenings. If we sold more than 400 BAAF PowerPasses™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™, then some BAAF PowerPass™ holder wouldn't get a seat at the Premiere and we'd be lying about the whole point of buying a BAAF PowerPass™.

Can I share a BAAF PowerPass™ or BAAF PowerPass Lite™ with other people?

You can share the hotel room (up to five people may "legally" stay in a room, for only a slight additional fee, payable upon check-in at the hotel), but you can't share the BAAF PowerPass™ or BAAF PowerPass Lite™ itself. Just like on an airplane, you'll be required to show government-issued photo ID with your BAAF PowerPass™ and BAAF PowerPass Lite™ when using it.

Comment

second part

Can I share my hotel room? How much does it cost to have extra people in my room?

If you're feeling generous, you can "legally" share your hotel room with four other people, making for a grand total of five people in one room (you plus four of your friends).

The BAAF PowerPass™ includes accommodations for the person accompanying you (in other words, one friend gets to stay in the room with you for no additional charge, but s/he can't use your BAAF PowerPass™). Each additional person aged 18 or over will cost $30 per night.

I'm coming with my friend, but my friend will be arriving before me but I've paid for the hotel room. Can s/he check-in without me?

If you're a PowerPass holder: did you let us know that you will be sharing your room with someone else? If you tell us the name of the person who will be sharing the room with you, that person will be allowed to check in before you. Additionally, your friend will only be allowed to check into your room if s/he has the hotel room confirmation number, a valid picture ID, and a valid credit card. If s/he doesn't have any of these things, then they won't be able to check-in before you, sorry.

If you've booked your room through the hotel, you should have been asked to list the names of whoever will be sharing the room with you. This should allow them to check-in without you present. However, the person checking in will have to have a valid credit card to do so.

If I'm sharing the hotel room, does everyone in the room get a BAAF PowerPass™?

Nope. However, the other people can purchase a BAAF PowerPass Lite ™ to receive the same benefits as a regular BAAF PowerPass ™ holder.

So what's the point of sharing the room?

If one person buys a BAAF PowerPass™, then shares the room with friends, the net cost to the person buying the BAAF PowerPass™ gets a lot cheaper. Their friends subsidize their BAAF PowerPass™ Sort of the way your BAAF PowerPass™ subsidizes their day or weekend passes. "What goes around comes around," is the name of this phenomenon.

Will my friends be able to butt the lines with me if I have a BAAF PowerPass™ and they don't?

Nope.

Can you buy a BAAF PowerPass™ without the hotel room?

Yes. You can purchase the BAAF PowerPass Lite™.

What will the passes look like?

Pretty. Very pretty. You'll want to keep them as souvenirs.

What if I just want to stay for one or two nights?

Please do so. Each room night we sell reduces the overall cost and makes it possible for us to pay to bring over more cool guests from Japan, rent a great film theater, hire staff to put on tremendous events, and stuff like that. World Anime Parties don't come cheap!

damn.... it's expensive, but since im only going til about 6pm (bus ride back to nj can get long due to traffic), ill only have to pay $15. if anyone is going, send a pm and we can chat there between events.

Comment

for all of you who didn't go, it was fun to see people dressed as anime and game characters, and good to be able to see movies in the loews theater for free(only their movies, including animatrix samurai:x and paracite dolls). as for the rest of the stuff (not including screenings), it was bad.

Comment

damn sorry to hear that
                    i really wanted to go for the pictures i would take, and to see what an anime fest was like
                    "no matter where you go you are what you are playa
                    and you can try to change but that's just the top layer
                    man...you was who you was when you got here"

Comment

if you did plan on going on the last day, i suggest you still go. i only went on friday, so i didn't see the cosplay on broadway presentation. if you still go and take photos, can you post them on a site zero? it would be good.

Comment

if you did plan on going on the last day, i suggest you still go. i only went on friday, so i didn't see the cosplay on broadway presentation. if you still go and take photos, can you post them on a site zero? it would be good.

Comment

Working...
                        X