007: Skyfall trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 007: Skyfall trailer

Well, at least there's one live action movie I want to see this holiday. So far its mostly been CG movies.

And oh look, a new Q.

Re: 007: Skyfall trailer

Definately got to watch a bond film

Comment

I'm usually not much for the series since post-Connery its all became a little to cliched, but this Bond had a true love, was betrayed by and saw her die, subsequently driven by anger and revenge and now has a brush with death. The continuity helps the movies a great deal. I mean, I won't dare say its epic trilogy on par with The Dark Knight or LOTR, but they're Bond films I've enjoyed and looked forward to more than the Brosnan ones. Of his movies i think I only really liked Tomorrow Never Dies.

Well, how couldnt you, really? Of all the kinds of cliched Bond villains to have Jonathan Price play one was just perfect.

I just hope Jack White isn't invited back to do a Bond theme, he tarnished Alicia Keys' good reputation >.>;

Comment

Skyfall's theme is decent, but considering the ear murder of Quantum of Solace, anything's better.

Comment

I mean, I won't dare say its epic trilogy on par with The Dark Knight or LOTR, but they're Bond films I've enjoyed and looked forward to more than the Brosnan ones. Of his movies i think I only really liked Tomorrow Never Dies.

Well, how couldnt you, really? Of all the kinds of cliched Bond villains to have Jonathan Price play one was just perfect.
          Well, there's Goldeneye. But besides that and Tomorrow Never Dies, yeah, there isn't much to like. The World is Not Enough is kind of meh, but not bad (though Christmas Jones is a terrible bond girl...and a terrible actress behind her). Die Another Day is a travesty.
          sigpic

Comment

Garbarge doing the the theme to The World is Not Enough was about the only redeeming thing about it. Yeah, and Denise Richard's character name existing for a end pun and not something more clever sooner was pretty damn weak. I think Brosnan only gets the love because he was the Bond that got his face on a lot of video games.

Craig just does more in general for the role and doesn't let it confine him like it did others for years. He's rather prolific and I generally enjoy what he stars in (though I find all the American "The Girl who" movies to be very unnecessary since the Swedish versions worked just fine.)

Anyway, he's on SNL this weekened, I found a promo reel:

Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 10-05-2012, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X