'Macho Man' Randy Savage dies in car crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 'Macho Man' Randy Savage dies in car crash

Nah, because unfortunate implies that if you're lucky it won't happen.
    lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by Romyro View Post
      Would ‘unfortunate’ be more appropriate?
      It might be if the person in question held any importance in my life, but he doesn't.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I smile when I remember the guy. That's the best one can really ask for in death. When I go I don't want anyone wasting their time feeling sad about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
          When I go I don't want anyone wasting their time feeling sad about it.
          No problem

I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Taskmage View Post
            I smile when I remember the guy. That's the best one can really ask for in death. When I go I don't want anyone wasting their time feeling sad about it.
            A big party and a funeral pyre is the way to go.
            Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
            Name: Drjones
            Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Thanks, brony

Comment

This really sucks

He was always my favorite back in the day (I stopped watching Wrestling around the time I started highschool)
                sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Not a fan of wrestling but of course I've heard of him, and for me to know someone associated with the WWE, they must be pretty huge. Shitty way to go.
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Randy Savage was the first guy to ever make me really hate who I thought was a bad guy as a child, but he always brought a bit of awesomeness to his rivalries with Hulk Hogan and others that still made me smile. It makes about as much sense as a chair shot to the head, but he did entertain me. And when he went from a heel to a face (which was more than once), he was even more awesome. When the Saturday morning cartoons were done, the WWF was on afterward.

Plus they had a WWF cartoon on just before that, I think. Dad alwys made me go watch it on the smallerTV though because by then sports were on and he wanted to use the cable he had paid for. I sat really close to watch

Sad to see Randy Savage go, his performances always brought a smile to my face.

Ooooh yeah.
                    Last edited by Omgwtfbbqkitten; 05-24-2011, 08:04 AM.

Comment

So sorry to hear that this great wrestling legend passed away. He brougth many a smile to my mornings during WWF events.

Cid, Takelli, your statements really come off as callous and ignorant. He was a wrestling celebrity to a lot of us when we were young and just because neither one of you two considered him special doesn't mean his death is any less meaningful to us who do have fond memories of him.
                      Originally posted by Van Wilder
                      Worrying is like a rocking chair, gives you something to do, but doesnt get you anywhere
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      No matter how far an ass travels he will never be a horse. Some people are just bad players and no amount of tools you give them will change that.
                      Hexx of Quetzalcoatl - 78PLD, 90NIN, 90WAR, 90SAM, 90BLU,90THF, 90SCH,90COR
                      I'M BACK BABY!

Comment

This was one of his appearances on the Arsenio Hall show back in the 90s. He was improving in character and it was pretty amazing:

And weeks before his death he cut this promo for the WWE All-Stars game, which showed he still could do a good one:

Finally, one of his memorable cartoon apperances:

Comment

Lest we forget Bonesaw!

Comment

Macho Man's death wasn't an accident, he heard about all that Rapture business and went to the pearly gates to make sure management saw things his way.

That's why, when the 21st came and went, and were still here to yap about it.

Comment

There was a story on Yahoo with the following table detailing the people who are no longer living who took part in 1991's Wrestlemania VII.

Some of the names on there surprised me although Andre the Giant is more down to natural causes as people with gigantism don't live very long anyway.

Comment

I think a lot of those heart attack deaths could be attributed to more suspicious causes than "heart attack," as that's just what some of their lifestyles just lead to.

Hogan and Savage may have gone a different route, avoiding/stopped using steroids early because those two have/had about a 17 year edge on the others that had heart attacks.

You'll also note a lot of the present-day WWE guys are a lot leaner, probably because they saw the writing on the wall and what happened to those other wrestlers. You know Ric Flair never fell into it, but then, he just runs on being crazy.

Comment

Working...
                                X