Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqua teen movie guerilla ads scare up Boston

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/loc...031135507.html

Last edited by raidenn; 01-31-2007, 02:04 PM.

Re: Aqua teen movie guerilla ads scare up Boston

Damn Liberal Media!
    Thanks Kazuki.
    Dragoon Equipment

Comment

Thanks for posting this! I kept seeing the large message about in on Adult Swim last night JUST as the second screen would come on, so I knew it caused a commotion but couldn't see what it actually was XD
      "In just refusing to retreat from something one gains the strength of two men" -Shungaku
      Sig by Tsuko~

Comment

People are retarded. OMG!!!!! It's Electronic and it wasn't placed there by the government! It must be a bomb! OMG!!!! It's a box!!!! It must be a bomb! OMG!!! It looks like a dog, but it MUST be a bomb!!!! LOOK!!!! ANOTHER BOMB!!! *General Populace Retard curls into fetal position and sucks thumb until police arrive*

Comment

one of the displays from boston is selling on ebay for more then $3000.

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

Actually, the police were leading the stupidity this time. They saw one of the Mooninites and actually blew it up before realizing it wasn't a bomb (the fact that it was less than an inch thick apparently didn't give them a clue).

The mayor reportedly plans to sue Turner. He should be laughed out of court and out of office - the idiotic overreaction embarrassed Boston enough, to compound it with a lawsuit would make the city a national, if not global, laughingstock (and deservedly so).

When people call the bomb squad on cartoon characters, the terrorists have won - for real. Boston's thoroughly terrorized. Not by Mooninites, but by our own government.
            Defeated: Maat, Divine Might, Fenrir, Kirin, Cactrot Rapido, Xolotl, Diabolos Prime, Kurrea, 9/10 Dynamis Bosses (missing Tav), Promathia, Proto-Ultima, Proto-Omega, 4 Jailers, Apocalypse Nigh, 6/6 Nyzul Bosses
            RDM90, PLD90, DRG90, COR90, SCH90, BLU54
            All Nations Rank 10, ZMs & PMs Complete, AUMs Complete, Captain, Nyzul Floor 100 (5 Weapons, 4 WS), Medal of Altana, WotG Mission 15, 1/3 Addons Complete, 9/9 Abyssea Main Quests, 6/6 Caturae

Comment

Originally posted by Shiyume
              Thanks for posting this! I kept seeing the large message about in on Adult Swim last night JUST as the second screen would come on, so I knew it caused a commotion but couldn't see what it actually was XD
              I saw this also and didn't know what it was. Thanks.
              Thanks Kazuki.
              Dragoon Equipment

Comment

The idea that the character wasn't reconized by city officals made me lol'd. I mean, come on >_>; don't you watch commercials or at least get word of mouth from people who do watch the show? Hesh, paranoia will be the undoing at this rate, taking this incident as a first benchmark o.O
                Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I saw one dangling outside downtown the other day. The first thing that came to mind was "man, that movie's gonna suck", not "ZOMG BOMB!"
                  PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                  Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                  WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                  Currently Playing:
                  FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

I think the Mayor is not really busy doing his work and just screaming out to get attention so he can get re-elected...

Comment

Originally posted by Pai Pai Master View Post
                      I saw one dangling outside downtown the other day. The first thing that came to mind was "man, that movie's gonna suck", not "ZOMG BOMB!"
                      should have grabbed it... they're selling for big money

Wii code: 6851 9579 6989 9039

Comment

With politics these days, I wouldn't be surprised....
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

Originally posted by Akashimo View Post
                          The idea that the character wasn't reconized by city officals made me lol'd. I mean, come on >_>; don't you watch commercials or at least get word of mouth from people who do watch the show? Hesh, paranoia will be the undoing at this rate, taking this incident as a first benchmark o.O
                          If they didn't know what it was before, they sure as hell know what it is now. Along with the vast majority of the country, thanks to Boston. What was intended to be a small scale viral advertising campaign became nation wide news fodder covered by every news station around the country. And all thanks to Boston's over reaction to a lite bright style piece of electronics that could have been made by school kids.

Also, if I ever saw one of those, I'd keep it. Screw selling it on ebay, those things are pretty cool. Even if I ain't a fan of the show.
                          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

For fear of starting a political flame war, I'll try and keep my thought to a minimum, but gdi...

This really shows the state of the world we live in. The government has so much fear instilled (brainwashed) into the populace, that a Light Bright that's flipping you off warrants the summoning of the bomb squad. I honestly don't understand how a few blinking lights can halt half of fecking Boston for an entire day.

Come on, did any moron actually LOOK at the damn thing before they starting running amuck shouting "OMFG ZA BomBZ Aer heer! TErr'ism!"

PLD75 DRK60 lots of other levels.
                            ------
                            Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
                            When ignorance reigns, life is lost

Comment

To be fair, it's not *the* government, it was just one city's government. Those things were placed in 10 different cities and all were put out about a week ago and none of the others had any kind of reaction like this. As I said before, if it weren't for Boston blowin up (figuratively I mean) like they did, the majority of the country would have never known these things existed.

But now the whole country knows that these lights, this show and it's upcoming movie, which even I didn't know about, are out there and curiosity will be peaked. If the guys who did this weren't thrown in jail I'd call it the most successful advertising campaign ever.
                              "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Working...
                              X