Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.
The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
Collapse
X
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
It was pretty good (I saw it this afternoon) but hardly the best movie of the year. I've already seen two movies this year that I preferred to it.
But it was good. A bit violent, but still - good.
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
I just got back from it a little while ago.
It's definitely one of the first movies that's really taken me on a "trip to another world" or something in quite a while. It's pretty hard for a film to do that these days.
I totally recommend it.
Also, this thread's been moved to the Entertainment section.PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
Rockman - Fairy
WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
I was actually more interested in the real life stuff going on in the movie than the fantasy elements. Not that I didn't enjoy those as well.
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
It definitely reminded me of a classic Hayao Miyazaki film, in the way there were real world issues going on, with most of the characters oblivious to a lot of the fantastic things going on.PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
Rockman - Fairy
WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
Currently Playing: FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
Didn't think it was playing here, but it is, so looks like I'm gonna go see it tomorrow. Heard lots of good things, I'll post my thoughts tomorrow.I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2
PSN: Caspian
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
Looks pretty neat, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
Side-note: Anyone else see the title of this tread and think David Bowie? Probably not.Haggai
i Am ThE bLaCk MaGe.
I cAsTs ThE sPeLlS tHaT mAkEs ThE pEoPlEs FaLl DoWn.
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
No. I mean, I do
Labyrinth, but I didn't think of it at all.
The film is up for best Original Screenplay and Best Foreign Film at the Oscars. I think it may win the latter at least.
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
Saw it last night, interesting to say the least.
I think I spent too much time trying to see what I could understand w/o the subtitles to really get into it, but I want to see it again and focus on the movie more.
My thoughtsOut of the four of us who saw it, I'm the only one who thinks what she experienced was real. A lot of it could be explained with an overactive imagination, but there were a couple things that I think make it definate that she actually is the princess.
1. The fig tree that the toad lived under suddenly starts flowering again.
2. The narrator. It sounds like an odd reason at first, but the narrator is telling it as a factual story, making it more believable.
3. (Did I say a couple reason? I lied.) The mandrake root miraculously helps her mother recover for a time, until the captain finds it and burns it.
Anyway, not sure what everyone else thought of it, but I think it lends some credit to it not being all in her imagination.
Plus, it was her soul that was the princesses, not the body. Her body dieing could have been a necessity for her to return home.I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2
PSN: Caspian
Comment
-
Re: The Best the movie of the year. Pans Labyrinth u need to see it
Caspian:
Plus...She was able to run through all those walls that opened for her at the end, and the Captain couldn't find her because of it.
I agree with you though, that it actually happened to her.
Comment




Comment