X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batman Vs Superman

Brandon Routh in "Superman Returns" and Christian Bale in "Batman Begins"
    Photo: Warner Bros.

Now that Superman has returned, what menace will he battle next? That's the big question in Hollywood this week, and since Brandon Routh was discovered in casting sessions for a once-planned "Batman vs. Superman" flick, rumors of the blockbuster smackdown have been resurrected. "I was at a party recently; Hugh Jackman had a benefit at his house," "Superman Returns" director Bryan Singer said. "I went there, and Christian Bale was there, and I suddenly felt like Brandon should be there too. I had all these superheroes around me." Routh added that while he enjoyed sparring verbally with "Batman" star Bale recently at the MTV Movie Awards, he'd prefer to see the two heroes work together. "I don't think we should go toe-to-toe, unless one of us is deranged somehow by some mind-altering drug," he laughed. "We shouldn't be fighting each other; we should be combining forces." Singer said he'd consider directing a "Batman vs. Superman" flick, but only after the Man of Steel establishes his identity a bit more thoroughly. "I've thought about it for a long time — even a longer time ago, actually," the director revealed. "But I don't know who would be the villain. I guess Batman would be the villain, but then he can't be too bad, because he is Batman. So not quite yet. ... I think Superman needs to have his own movies for a little while before that happens." Either way, Singer insisted that "everybody's excited to do more ... and I'm sure we'll do another one." And Routh had this word of warning for Bale: "I don't think Batman really, really wants to go and mess with Superman." ...

http://www.mtv.com/movies/news/artic...06/story.jhtml

Re: Batman Vs Superman

Superman, the man of steel

or

Batman, the man of.....erm....vampire bats.

Superman >>>> Batman
    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Superman could never defeat Batman. Batman is smart enough to lace everything with Kryptonite. If Superman got near, he would get poisoned and Batman would kill him.

On second thought, Superman could stand back like a pussy and use eye lasers or throw big rocks. Either way, it would be a cool battle.
      You kill one man, your a murderer
      Kill many and your a conquerer
      Kill them all... your a God.

Comment

well batman and superman did fight a lot in the past...most of the time, Superman emerged victorious but it wasn't without any wounds as Batman prepared all kind of traps (with kryptonite) or items that copied that properties of kryptonite to weaken Superman.

It is always a fun fight but realistically, Batman is smart and all but well, superman is pretty much too strong for a regular human.

Which FF Character Are You?

Comment

what made them fight in the past?
          How is kryptonite so easy to find?
          There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot,
          but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence
          transform a yellow spot into the sun.

- Pablo Picasso

Comment

Batman has never been as forthcoming with his motives. Got kicked out of JLA a while for that too. Now they're good friends though.
            Its not that easy to find, but come on, its Batman.
            Batman > all.
            I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Superman has powers batman does not.

Superman Has next to no disquse and no one can tell hes clark. Batman has a mask.

Superman Is a normal guy but on the side fights crime. Batman is a rich guy who wants to get some toys and fight crime.

Sorry i still dont know who is better.
              Also i saw the new superman movie and this new guy does pretty good. lol.
              Stooky, Tarutaru supreme
              62 PLD 37 WAR 37 NIN

Comment

He can stand a mile away and shoot lazers at Batman....

Comment

you guys have obviously never read Dark Knight Returns or Dark Knight Strikes Back...

Batman > all of DC's superheroes

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Originally posted by neighbortaru
                    you guys have obviously never read Dark Knight Returns or Dark Knight Strikes Back...

Batman > all of DC superheroes
                    Just for saying that, I'm going to attempt to steal what 1 million gil you have.
                    ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

go ahead Mog, I have 12 more...

seriously, if you haven't read either those two books you are missing out on some great stuff

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

QFT...QFFT
                        Thank you.
                        I RNG 75 I WAR 37 I NIN 38 I SAM 50 I Woodworking 92+2

PSN: Caspian

Comment

Batman will kill superman if he has to, while superman will avoid it at almost all costs.

Batman > Superman

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Think about it.

Batman and Superman are probably the 2 worst super 'heroes' that anyone has ever come up with, for completely opposite reasons.

Batman has zero powers. None. He's rich so he buys shit. Donald Trump is as much of a superhero as Batman. I mean, how lame is that? "I can't take anybody on, man-to-man, so I'll just buy weapons to kill their asses." Lame.

Superman blows too much for words. He has too many powers to be interesting. Invulnerable, heat vision, x-ray vision, freeze breath, flight, speed, strength, and I'm sure I'm forgetting something here. What crap. The only thing that hurts him is a rock from effing light years away, so you have this lame plot element that won't go away where Earthlings miraculously keep finding this crap and trying to kill him with it. How heroic can he be if his safety is never on the line? Not at all.

Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC. Forever. Amen.

Comment

I agree, they need to read Dark Knight Returns.

Comment

Working...
                              X