This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Rappers

Well there's all these topics about peoples' favorite "bands," so why not one about rappers? Try listing your top 5.
    (and no im not asking if you listen to rap or your opinions, cause i know that the "i dont listen to rap cause its not music" posts are coming).

I like:

1. Tony Yayo
    2. Cannibus
    3. Jayz
    4. Kanye West
    5. Rest of G Unit Group
    //Tyrien\\
    Lv 57 Summoner of Asura
    Genkai 1 & 2 Done
    Rank 5

Rapper 50 Cent squirmed wildly, trying to beat back bullets with his hands when assassins pumped nine shots into him - leaving him such a bloody, crumpled heap the trio fled believing he was dead, according to bombshell court testimony yesterday.

Re: Favorite Rappers

wu-tang clan, and g.love if you can call him a rapper, and lessee, i know theres a few others but cant think of em.
    63/63 maps obtained

Comment

some of the old stuff.... some of the new stuff(which old stuff is better than mostly).

Depset(I know I am spelling that wrong lol) and G-Unit are cool. I like Enimen and D12 too. Don't like Fat Joe or Mike Jones orz.

Comment

In no particular order, I like Eminem, Will Smith, Run DMC, Beastie Boys and Uncle Kraker.

Comment

Not sure I would call all of these guys "rappers" but my top pics are Dizzee Rascal, K-os, Jay-Z in his older stuff, Aesop Rock, Del, Beastie Boys. Those are probably my top pics.

Comment

Not sure I would call all of these guys "rappers"
            I agree with that.

In my opinion most mentioned are fake hip hop.

Some of my favorites are Kool Keith, Del, Casual, 2Mex, Jugganots, Aceyalone, pretty much most affiliated with Project Blowed, CVE (Chills Vills), Company Flow list could go on.

Edit: I do think that Kanye West is a very good MC, I Just dont really dig his stuff.
            Last edited by Hori; 08-03-2005, 01:25 AM.

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
            Hori
            San d'Oria
            RDM/BLM/WHM
            (´ ゜ω゜`)
            Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

I like Atmosphere and A Tribe Called Quest. I can't say I'm very fond of rap, though.
              '

Comment

wu tang
                tupac
                biggie
                bone thugs
                snoop dogg
                paperboy
                jay z
                ll cool j <old school ll>

Comment

Originally posted by Hereaux
                  ll cool j <old school ll>
                  I can't stand how he licks his lips every 5 seconds on a music video.

Comment

Originally posted by Agnastar
                    I can't stand how he licks his lips every 5 seconds on a music video.
                    You forgot about showing his six pac randomly in his music videos too.
                    Blm.75 - Whm.56 - Mnk.58 - Rdm.48 - Nin.37 - War.37 - Drk.37

Merits - 98
                    Goldsmith - 85.2

Comment

hmm lemme see , my list of likes would be way to long so i will go with dislikes

1. ICP
                      2. ICP
                      3. well you get my point

i pretty much like atleast one song from everyone lol except ICP lolol

Comment

Beastie Boys and Del Tha Funky Homosapien.
                        PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
                        Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
                        WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
                        Currently Playing:
                        FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Run DMC
                          Jay-Z
                          Wu Tang
                          Bone Thugs N Harmony

the older the rap the better
                          → ☆白75☆黒37☆ ←
                          ∧____∧
                          (≡´。`≡) ニャンニャン♪

♂ ラブストーリー♀

Comment

Originally posted by Hori
                            agreed, those fakes in my opinion.:hoo:

Some of my favorites are Kool Keith, Del, Casual, 2Mex, Jugganots, Aceyalone, pretty much most affiliated with Project Blowed, CVE (Chills Vills), Company Flow list could go on.

Edit: I do think that Kanye West is a very good MC, I Just dont really dig his stuff.
                            Uhhh, who are you to call them fake? I'm not questioning whether they're legit or not just whether they belong in today's "Rap" Catagory.

Comment

Uhhh, who are you to call them fake? I'm not questioning whether they're legit or not just whether they belong in today's "Rap" Catagory.
                              Ok, I edited my initial post, sorry if it seems I was saying you said they were fake.

Now I have been producing music for over 15 years. I have listened to real hip hop for about 15 years.

If you know anything about the music industry you will know that most of the rappers you hear on mainstream radio or see on mainstream music television are products of a corporation. Most do not write their own songs(or have alot of other people involved in writing of songs)

In my opinion most "rappers" that I see on TV or on mainstream radio are nothing more than the rap equivalent of brittney spears or jessica simpson.

Of course there are mainstream artists in all genres that do have some substance but its few and far between.

Hori retreated from battle. What a coward.
                              Hori
                              San d'Oria
                              RDM/BLM/WHM
                              (´ ゜ω゜`)
                              Don't like to haste our precious NIN tank? You're not RDM, then. -Apple Pie/Grendal

Comment

Working...
                              X