X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7970 Ghz - The 680 Slayer?

Recapturing the mojo: AMD’s Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition | Ars Technica

What I took away from this:

-AMD reference has better performance to $ ratio than the GTX 680.
    -Custom boards will most likely outperform at a lower cost.
    -AMD has a strong line-up later this year.
    -No one is the clear winner and Keplar's position is weakening by the day.

All I can say is, good for consumers, bring on the war.

Re: 7970 Ghz - The 680 Slayer?

ATI cards have always been the best bang for your buck so this doesn't really surprise me. Nothing wrong with nVidia card but they tend to be just a rip off really and I really do not like using their official drivers at all.

Shame my motherboard is for Intel CPUs though, I'm really liking the look of AMD's line up this year so it would mean changing the motherboard which in turn means changing a whole bunch of different things. With the UK's prices for stuff like this, it may work out cheaper for me to just build a new PC XD
    Rahal Gerrant - Balmung - 188 DRK
    Reiko Takahashi
    - Balmung - 182 AST, 191 BLM, 182 SCH, 188 SMN
    Haters Gonna Hate

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
      ATI cards have always been the best bang for your buck so this doesn't really surprise me. Nothing wrong with nVidia card but they tend to be just a rip off really and I really do not like using their official drivers at all.
      You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by Firewind View Post
        Shame my motherboard is for Intel CPUs though, I'm really liking the look of AMD's line up this year so it would mean changing the motherboard which in turn means changing a whole bunch of different things. With the UK's prices for stuff like this, it may work out cheaper for me to just build a new PC XD
        How much more expensive are stuff in the UK versus what we can get it here in the states? I've always been interested in how distribution works around the world and can't imagine why computers are so damn expensive in Japan (a decent system would cost you $2,000 where the same level of performance could be purchased for half that, albeit with an uglier look)

Comment

Working...
        X