Recovery Drive Full?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery Drive Full?

For some reason, I keep getting a warning saying that my recovery drive is full. And, every time I do a system clean up... No files are deleted, and I keep loosing space on my recovery drive.

I have anti viruses, and disk cleaners on my computer, along with anti-malware and so on. But... I only have 967 MB left on my recovery, and I am losing more and more space on that every day.

Anyone know of any ways I can fix this with out causing any issues with my computer?

I don't want to mess with it in case I cause an issue with my computer...

Re: Recovery Drive Full?

Recovery drive? You mean for system restore? If that's the case just disable it, it just wastes space and it only really worked as intended on very specific cases with winXP. Most of the times your system will end up worse than it started after a restore.

But, if you reaaally don't want to disable it then just delete older restore points to make space.

Unless we are talking about something different of course. <_<;
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

This is what I am talking about.

The red one, and I lost even more space since I just took a pic of it, and uploaded it here:

http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/a...Untitled-9.png

Comment

It's HP bloatware, it can be safely ignored.
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Open up the drive and start deleting things.

Comment

It's system restore but called recovery by your PC manufacturer. Just delete restore points through Windows that you don't need. Problem solved.

Comment

That's all I need to do? Thanks.

How would I delete the restore points?

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                That's all I need to do? Thanks.

How would I delete the restore points?
                Delete a restore point

I stand corrected, at least with Windows 7, you can only delete ALL or delete all except the most recent point. I think under Vista, I was given greater discretion to delete certain points.

Comment

I did followed this, and for some reason.... It didn't free up any space on the recovery drive.

Its down to 60 kb now.

Edit: If I where to explore the dirve, I can view the norton 360 backup folder. Inside of the folder, are a bunch of files that if I open in notepad, they look something like this:

NB20“ C : \ U s e r s \ V a r n i s \ A p p D a t a \ L o c a l \ M i c r o s o f t \ B i n g B a r \ A p p s \ T o a s t A p p l i c a t i o n _ d 9 7 e 9 2 f 9 4 d 5 3 4 2 5 f b c f 0 f 2 a 0 4 b 8 e 5 4 2 6 \ 7 . 0 . 6 1 0 \ i m a g e s \ b u t t o n s \ b t n _ 5 _ d o w n _ r i g h t . p n g ‰PNG

IHDR   u)J! tEXtSoftware Adobe ImageReadyqÉe< diTXtXML:com.adobe.xmp <?xpacket begin="" id="W5M0MpCehiHzreSzNTczkc9d"?> <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/" x:xmptk="Adobe XMP Core 5.0-c060 61.134777, 2010/02/12-17:32:00 "> <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"> <rdf:Description rdf:about="" xmlns:xmpMM="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/mm/" xmlns:stRef="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/sType/ResourceRef#" xmlns:xmp="http://ns.adobe.com/xap/1.0/" xmpMM:OriginalDocumentID="xmp.did:6412C50B01D0DF1186FFFBE1CA18ABAA" xmpMM:DocumentID="xmp.did:C38DA7DED7BF11DFA06CF900DD40EB93" xmpMM:InstanceID="xmp.iid:C3848022D7BF11DFA06CF900DD40EB93" xmp:CreatorTool="Adobe Photoshop CS5 Windows"> <xmpMM:DerivedFrom stRef:instanceID="xmp.iid:1475246E43D2DF119F24AE8943333EC3" stRef:documentID="xmp.did:6412C50B01D0DF1186FFFBE1CA18ABAA"/> </rdf:Description> </rdf:RDF> </x:xmpmeta> <?xpacket end="r"?>×ð$ —IDATxÚbÜvü¹€ˆ…y¹ÈÐùöó7fn.6ò5sr±“çl&
                  ÀðѼãÐò5OY´3Â¥r&1F`wö‹×ˆ1ŸŸ ÁòåëÏOŸã7bþšƒ?~üu²ÔCjÂ¥0FF\:¹¹8üœMÚ€ ìÆ’ m85£
                  §æ 5ɵá m"uŽæ*òJÏÛž‘§ À L;ÑþӥΠIEND®B`‚

Some of them are larger, others aren't.
                  Last edited by Takelli; 06-17-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Go harass HP about it. That's a partition set up specifically by HP to work with their recovery software.
                    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                    Name: Drjones
                    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Yea, I guess I'll have to. Oh well lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X