is maxmyspeed.com safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is maxmyspeed.com safe?

or even useful, mew? there was commercial they offer free diagonsis to help see what's slowing down computer, but I dunno if that helps. It might be kind of like those websites that offer free virus scans but then charge to remove the stuff.

Re: is maxmyspeed.com safe?

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
    websites that offer free virus scans but then charge to remove the stuff
    There are plenty of free anti-virus programs available. Try AVG or Avast.

A glance at the site reveals nothing that's blatantly shady. Looks like one of those programs that tries to roll up a bunch of PC maintenance tools that are commonly available individually.

I wouldn't waste your time or money with that site. If you've got a specific problem with your PC try to troubleshoot that directly rather than looking for a cure-all.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Re: is maxmyspeed.com safe?

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
      or even useful, mew? there was commercial they offer free diagonsis to help see what's slowing down computer, but I dunno if that helps. It might be kind of like those websites that offer free virus scans but then charge to remove the stuff.
      What are you looking for? It's such a generic name...

Speed Test (your internet connection)
      Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Just don't bother clicking on other stuff there because they link to their advertising partners ...

Ping testing
      Pingtest.net - The Global Broadband Quality Test

This is useful to measure your latency and packet loss to a particular server (especially if you play online games a lot) Requires Java (which you should already have installed anyway)

SiSoft Sandra
      SiSoftware Zone

Useful software to evaluate overall PC performance. I think there should be a trial version here (or maybe they have a lite, free version) Used by performance reviewers the world over.

Futuremark Products
      Futuremark - world's most popular benchmarks and PC performance tests

Industry standard benchmark programs where it concerns graphics and CPU.

Comment

Working...
      X