Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right-Click Menu keeps popping up...

...I feel like J9.

Anyway, every now and then the right-click menu will pop up out of nowhere, . If I'm merely scrolling around, it will pop up on the top right corner of the browser below the tabs, and if I'm typing (it just did it now), it will open here. I've tried scanning for a virus, no go. Checked everything with the mouse (drivers, batteries, etc) - even dis-plugged it will happen. Keyboard, same deal; turns out it's not the context menu button being stuck or something stupid like that. (Hell, it opens in the desktop as well!)

I'm gonna try running in safe mode to see what happens, but just in case nothing works, feel free to let me know if you've experienced this before. I've tried Googling but I keep seeing vague answers and for the most part, it's usually a laptop's problem.
    Originally posted by Yygdrasil
    Originally posted by Nandito
    Ponies.

Duh.
    You make me want to hurt things.

Re: Right-Click Menu keeps popping up...

Well, I was going to suggest you smacked your head against your keyboard too much, but apparently that's not it . . .
    Originally posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    Originally posted by Armando
    Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
    Matthew 16:15

Comment

you checked for viruses, but did you check for spyware? use Malewarebytes (search google for Malewarebytes free)

install and update that, then do a full scan, if it still says you are clean, then try reinstalling the mouse drivers.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

Hm, problem seems to have fixed itself... been pretty good so far.

Freaky.

False alarm, everyone!
        Ponies.

Duh.

Comment

mmm I would still check though, at least with malewarebytes, better to know that you are clean, then to guess ;p

Comment

Ah, no worries, I checked regardless. Nothing came up on any of my scanners, neither virus and malware. Not sure what I did to fix it... unless something as simple as pulling the plug out and putting it back in worked.
            Ponies.

Duh.

Comment

Originally posted by Nandito View Post
              unless something as simple as pulling the plug out and putting it back in worked.
              If the mouse was loose, yes that can do it. A dying mouse can also do that.
              I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

mmm yeah did not think about that, could of been just a loose/dieing mouse

Comment

Working...
                X