youtube won't play videos fullscreen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• youtube won't play videos fullscreen!

so strange, it started happening like this week! You can hear audio fine, but no video. using firefox. And the plug-in container is working. >.>

Re: youtube won't play videos fullscreen!

So don't play videos full screen.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I guess that is a solution, mew.

Comment

Laptop had that problem... never bothered to fix it, but hey:

Google.
        Originally posted by Yygdrasil
        Originally posted by Nandito
        Ponies.

Duh.
        You make me want to hurt things.

Comment

Originally posted by jenova_9 View Post
          so strange, it started happening like this week! You can hear audio fine, but no video. using firefox. And the plug-in container is working. >.>
          J9 are you testing the HTML5 video? If you are then it wont play on full screen. Only the Flash player supports full screen at the moment.
          sigpic
          "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
          Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
            J9 are you testing the HTML5 video? If you are then it wont play on full screen. Only the Flash player supports full screen at the moment.
            Youtube's HTML5 player kind of does support fullscreen. The video will take up as much of the browser window as it can. If you tell the browser itself to go fullscreen, then you get fullscreen video (though a small portion of the progress bar will remain visible at the bottom in Firefox 4. Dunno about Chrome.)

Anyhow, if she were watching videos in HTML5, she should still be able to see them when clicking the fullscreen button.

Comment

why did they switch to HTML5, mew? Is there a way to switch it back to FLash mode?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

oh thanks, mew! I right clicked on video and unchecked "enable hardware acceleration". Plays full screen now!

Comment

why did they switch to HTML5, mew?
                They haven't switched to HTML5 just yet, it doesn't provide all the functionality of the Flash-based player right now. But they're letting people try it out by going to this page. The same page can be used to stop using HTML5.

Comment

Working...
                X