Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My next Aquos display.

And how about this?

It's aimed at more "serious" applications right now. But this is the kind of portable display technology that would be great for portable consoles in the future due to it's small size and low energy consumption.

Before we start augmenting ourselves that is.
    Last edited by Raydeus; 01-02-2012, 01:04 PM. Reason: Video went poof
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	120102031717-lg-oled-largest-screen-tv-story-top.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	1474519

This combined with the Ultra high def display.

/drool
      sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

High Definition displays are at a point where they're going to make themselves obsolete. Funny, that irony. I don't think 3D displays are going to replace them. Instead, holograms, interactive virtual displays and embedded displays (embedded into your skull, that is) will be the natural evolution.
        Attached Files

Comment

The television will never be obsolete. Everything else is a gimmick.

Comment

Augmented reality glasses are already on their way, but I doubt they will replace monitors in at least a decade or two. And virtual keyboards are already here so it's just a matter of time before there's no need for a monitor.

There was talk not long ago that when OLED technology is fully developed it will cheap enough that you will be able to use it as wall paper and display whatever you want on your wall, whether it's patterns or video or whatever the heck you want to decorate your house with. XD

Although what I'm really hoping for is augmented eyes becoming a reality in the next 30 years because with all my gaming I'll probably need them. <_<;

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

From 2 years ago.

Projection keyboards still need a surface, but when combined with augmented reality (prototype videos at the top of this page) you can type/click/scroll in the air or pretty much anywhere you like.
            Last edited by Raydeus; 01-02-2012, 01:00 PM.
            sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

I think we are moving in the right direction.

Sony's HMZ-T1 has a great 720p support but lacks 1080p, while this set also supports 1080p @24hz, mainly for 3D blu-ray viewing. The next generation (HDMI 1.4a) will be at least 1080p@60hz. A big difference between both designs is that Sony's display pretty much isolates the viewer from the outside world, while SMD's solution doesn't.

It's just a matter of seeing whether Sony can make a cheaper 1080p display that is also lighter for the next model. But considering how many good reviews the technology itself got (with weight and specially price being the only real complains about it) I wont be surprised if we get much better and lighter 3D headsets much faster in the next decade.
              sigpic

その目だれの目。

Comment

Working...
              X