Keeping an OC stable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeping an OC stable

I'm having trouble keeping my 4GHz OC stable. It'll quickly hard-lock my computer, while I'm playing games, and my speakers will screech until I reset the whole damn thing. The usual advice is to raise the Vcore, but my voltages are all set to auto and should provide whatever the core needs. I tried lowering the multiplier on my memory, but that didn't seem to help.

I've also heard that i7's don't like even multipliers, but would keeping it at an odd multiplier really help?

Thanks

Re: Keeping an OC stable

Sorry Dak, OC'ing is not something I like to do so I can't help you too much with your problem. I went through my OC'ing stage several years ago, now I'm too old and logical to do it anymore. lol
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

If it was a voltage problem, the machine shouldn't start. The safe way to deal with an unstable OC is to start backing down until it is stable. Not all processors will OC to the same speeds, yours may just not be able to run as hard as you are trying to make it run.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
        If it was a voltage problem, the machine shouldn't start. The safe way to deal with an unstable OC is to start backing down until it is stable. Not all processors will OC to the same speeds, yours may just not be able to run as hard as you are trying to make it run.
        Mhurron is correct. It depends on the quality of the yield and from what batch your processor came from. Some batches produce a higher quality yield which can determine how fast (or in this case, how much more faster) you can clock your processor.

Comment

Working...
        X