ATI Unleashes 6850/6870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ATI Unleashes 6850/6870

Ok, that makes sense. I'll just see if it's even possible for me to CFX this 5870 with my PSU. I gave up on full-screen FFXIV, because no matter if I put the game on 1080p or 720p, it still lags by the Adventurer's Guild in Ul'Dah.

I've come to the conclusion that it's not entirely my GPU's fault.

Maybe I'll at least be able to FRAPS @ 30FPS.
    The Tao of Ren
    FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
    Originally posted by Kaeko
    As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Originally posted by WishMaster3K View Post
      Ok, that makes sense. I'll just see if it's even possible for me to CFX this 5870 with my PSU. I gave up on full-screen FFXIV, because no matter if I put the game on 1080p or 720p, it still lags by the Adventurer's Guild in Ul'Dah.
      It's simple network congestion and a hard-coded limit to how many characters you can display on your screen at once. WoW doesn't have this limitation and then of course you get dropped if you can't handle the load (lol) but SE didn't want people to complaint about something else in an endless sea of complaints.

Comment

Just a side note, FFXI crashes when I have CFX turned on... I have two XFX 5770s and 10.10 CCC. FFXIV didn't seem to have an issue with it during the open beta.

Comment

Originally posted by METDeath View Post
          Just a side note, FFXI crashes when I have CFX turned on... I have two XFX 5770s and 10.10 CCC. FFXIV didn't seem to have an issue with it during the open beta.
          There are some issues I think with CFX/SLI on older games. Especially since the older titles were developed before such things existed (or were common place) and since multiple-GPU configurations are constantly being refined and redeveloped for, the drivers and even the libraries setup for the express development of these configurations tend to undergo drastic changes every year.

There might be someone with a special configuration file for CFX in FFXI, you'll just have to look around. I think at one time, the guy who was responsible for FFXI Windower (Cliff?) sometimes put out these configurations (as a side thing) Not sure if he is still doing it but he did have an SLI file during beta.

Comment

AMD Radeon HD 6970 Video Card | Radeon HD 6970,Review,Video Card,Performance,AMD,Graphics,Benchmarks,Olin Coles,AMD Radeon HD 6970 Video Card Graphical Benchmark Performance Test Review by Olin Coles

ATI 6970 review, so far its very underwhelming...

580 is on top for now.

Comment

I find it very striking that Nvidia is doing more with way less GPU cores (compared with ATI) I wonder how exactly ATI is configuring their technology.

Comment

It is not ATI, it's AMD.

If it was still ATI Nvidia would've never catched up.
                sigpic
                "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by Raydeus View Post
                  It is not ATI, it's AMD.

If it was still ATI Nvidia would've never catched up.
                  I'd like to think it's ATI otherwise Nvidia would've surpassed them (both) a long time ago But I get your point especially since AMD has invested heavily on this (put everything on to one chip) kind of system.

Comment

Working...
                  X