I broke my computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I broke my computer

Newegg makes their returns process seem pretty rigorous. They say they'll inspect the shit out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
      Newegg makes their returns process seem pretty rigorous. They say they'll inspect the shit out of it.
      They don't, just don't beat it with a hammer or do something obviously stupid (like remove stickers that say warranty voided if removed) and they won't give you problems.
      I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I finally fixed this thing. I found that some plugs weren't completely seated, and some were misplaced, due to colors not matching. I didn't break anything after all, which is a huge relief.

Now, I hear some squeaking every once in a while. I think it might be from the CPU fan or fan in the back of the case, because they're both new.

Comment

If you have a can of WD40, you can take care of that quick. Congrats on the new PC!
          Originally posted by Feba
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          Originally posted by Taskmage
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          Originally posted by DakAttack
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Thanks for all the help, I finally fixed this thing. I found that some plugs weren't completely seated, and some were misplaced, due to colors not matching. I didn't break anything after all, which is a huge relief.

Now, I hear some squeaking every once in a while. I think it might be from the CPU fan or fan in the back of the case, because they're both new.
            Specs? Pictures? Congratulations!

Comment

It's a Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R running an i7 920 and GTX 460 1GB. I managed to overclock the i7 from 2.8GHz to 3.3GHz, but the temperature sits around 55C, which is a little too high for my tastes so I'm purchasing some better fans and heat sinks. I think I'd like to try pushing it a little further, but I'll definitely need better cooling.

I think I might have installed the rear-facing case fan backwards, and it's pulling air into the case along with the fan on the window. Once my new fans come I'll sort it all out, somehow, and make sure the air is flowing properly.

Comment

Very awesome Dak :D I'm holding off upgrading my PC until next year but in the meantime I'll be getting a new graphics card before FFXIV goes live.

Comment

I'll get a picture of it once the new fans come in. I'm going with a blue theme.

Comment

I'll get a picture of it once the new fans come in. I'm going with a blue theme.
                    Complete with black light and rims? :p

Comment

Working...
                    X