Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Tips on New Computer for FF14/School?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Tips on New Computer for FF14/School?

Gonna be starting school soon, and with the release of FF14 soon I figured I'd kill two birds with one stone. Am looking for tips on a computer that will be able to run FF14 at regular to low settings; play FF11 at medium to high, and be able to run cs4 and programs of that sort. Since I will be going to school for Graphic Design and can get Adobe CS4, and other graphics programs for slightly cheaper through my school, I figure the computer should be able to run those programs decently as well....lol.

Been doing some research and would like to stay within the $600-$800 range, dunno if its really possibly seeing the specs Ive been looking at. Now, am not too tech saavy when it comes to things like CPU/mobo's, but can do simpler things like... well pretty much everything but install mobo/CPU lol. Here's what I'm looking for possibly prebuilt, but willing to try to build it myself.

CPU: AMD Athlon/Phenom II X2 (2.8Ghz or more)
    Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB or the Nvidia equivalent
    RAM: 4GB or more
    HDD: 500GB or more
    Would like to have wireless access and Need an DVI/HDMI cable.

Here's a PC prebuilt off newegg I was looking at and thinking of getting.
    CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2054 Athlon II X2 255(3.1GHz) 4GB DDR3 500GB ATI Radeon HD 5450 Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    Link: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16883229194
    Cost is $549.99 with free shipping.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. I so hope this kind of system would be possible to build on my budget. Need to make a decision soon so I can get it by the time school starts in early September.

(also if this is in the wrong section am sorry. Please could a mod move if possible, put it here cuz it sortof pertained to ff14)
    Last edited by kai_samoht; 07-05-2010, 10:43 PM.
    Thank you very much to Selphiie for this sig!

Re: Any Tips on New Computer for FF14/School?

For your graphics applications, RAM will help out a lot with speeding things up. It doesn't seem like that computer's motherboard will handle more than 4GB, though, which could become an issue.

You could also try pricing computers at ibuypower.com. You may be able to find a deal they're offering, then customize it from there.

Comment

Working...
    X