Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSMPENG draining memory and really slow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSMPENG draining memory and really slow.

how do I get rid of it? I have been using Microsfot security essentials, malware bytes anti-malware, and super santispyware freeware edition but in the bottom right task thingies, there are no icons except volume.

So where is this MSMPENG.exe thingy comparing from? service pack 1 and 3??? >.< And if I close it in the task manager, the PC can't run anymore and shuts down.

Re: MSMPENG draining memory and really slow.

I'm feeling lazy so I'm just going to link you to some relevant articles and let you blow up your computer on your own.

msmpeng.exe - What is msmpeng.exe?
    Why is MsMpEng.exe using so much CPU?
    MsMpEng.exe
    What is msmpeng.exe and how to remove it

Looks like it's Windows Malware Protection so it isn't malicious, just resource hogging.
    Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
    Name: Drjones
    Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

I have windows defender? where is it found? >.> how do I open windows defender to stop those scans?

do I go run > browse? what is the program file to start the program and change its settings?

How do I search for it with search option? dont see it in program files.

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 AM ----------

oh I dont even have winders defender. antimalware program was causing that file to function.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3WNH...Tube - &#91;HD

This helped me turn it off. but in my case, it's not windows defender, its called something else.
      Last edited by jenova_9; 06-23-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

aha I figured it out. in services.msc, I could right click and in properties, disable it from auto-starting everytime the computer is turned on.
        The file was being produced by an anti walware program I have.

Comment

Working...
        X