X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 44 Million Stolen Gaming Credentials

Found and automatically validated.

44 Million Stolen Gaming Credentials Uncovered | Symantec Connect

Unfortunately Symantec did not link to the actual file holding them ... for research purposes only of course.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Re: 44 Million Stolen Gaming Credentials

Please change your passwords regularly. I do so once a month at the very least. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

So that article lead me to the playersauction site where I looked up FFXI being sold. I'm sure most of you have looked this stuff up before but maybe some of you are like me and this is the first time you have seen data like this.

I'm not naive and I know accounts have been sold in the past for "a lot" but that 2500 asking price for the multi 75's character was a little surprising.
      Attached Files
      "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

DAMN! 2.5k for a ffxi account! Holy shit! Who would pay that much just for FFXI? O.o;

Hate when people buy a lvl 75 account, and go about not knowing what the hell they are doing, or knowing how to play the job. You can tell the ones that buy their account anyways. Always fun to fuck with them. (Like telling them the level 1 RSE has hidden properties. XD )).

Comment

You know that about two-three years ago, some multi-relic accounts were selling for upwards of ten grand, right? My ls leader said that someone offered him a car for his account. It surprised me how much people could sell their shit for, too. Now, however, account values are way down.

And these days, most account buyers are those who got banned and don't want to start all over from scratch again, or people who just want a PL mule.
          sigpic
          ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
          ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
          ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
          ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
            You know that about two-three years ago, some multi-relic accounts were selling for upwards of ten grand, right? My ls leader said that someone offered him a car for his account. It surprised me how much people could sell their shit for, too. Now, however, account values are way down.

And these days, most account buyers are those who got banned and don't want to start all over from scratch again, or people who just want a PL mule.
            A car for an account? If it was a nice car, I'd be like "Sure! Just only after I am done with my account. (which would be never, as I would never sell my account and see my character name in game go down the drain.)

As for the people that got banned, they where doing shit they wheren't supposed to, so they should get banned(again, and again, and again.). And why would some one want to level their mule?

And if an account hasn't been played in a while, and the credit card is suddenly changed, shouldn't that raise a red flag? As well as having hundreds of accounts on one credit card? ((How else will they keep the accounts alive, and sell them? Have hundreds of credit cards for all of them? Seems a bit unrealistic.)

Comment

You don't seem to realize that SE doesn't really care. And unless you flat out admit it, you won't get in trouble for it. People quit and come back all the time, and as far as SE knows, you just moved. (Explains the change in IP of the account, etc.)

I know where you're coming from, no offense meant here, but you're kind of naive about the whole thing. I was there once, too, but now I'm just like ... meh. I know how the whole process works now because I've seen it dozens of times. A lot more people than you think are buying and selling accounts, buying and selling gil, and doing a lot of things that can get you banned. Very few get caught, and SE doesn't exactly hunt them. I got banned for credit card issues, but not for all of the times I bot claimed an NM. And yeah, I was in an HNM shell, you bet your ass I was botting, just like pretty much everyone else on Hades. If I really wanted to keep playing (and without Aks, I don't, hell, even with her I don't honestly) I could buy an account and gear it up just like a lot of people do, but I don't have that kind of money. I do promise, though, it is more widespread than you think.

And I think you misread about the PL mule. Having your own mule to PL your main character is something a lot of people want. Most PLs nowadays aren't actual players but just one of your party members dual boxing.
              sigpic

Comment

If someone was worried about selling their name and reputation they could server transfer before putting it up for sale and change their name. That whole process would cost what 25 maybe 26$ when you factor in the fake character? That would be nuffin compared to what they could get for the account.

No, I am not condoning the selling of accounts.
                "All of the biggest technological inventions created by man - the airplane, the automobile, the computer - says little about his intelligence, but speaks volumes about his laziness." - Mark Kennedy

Comment

People who buy accounts transfer them and name change anyway. Except for a few weird JPs, that is. I've seen a lot of people sell their accounts and those accounts do not stay on the same server and they also change the online handle so they're no longer on peoples' friend lists after they're gone.
                  sigpic

Comment

In some of the high endgame shells, buying accounts was a common thing. People would be with the shell for a while, get nice equips, and then decide to quit. Leadership would have a meeting about obtaining the account and it would be worked out that someone would buy it. In one shell, we allowed the original owner to buy it back for what they were paid if they wanted to come back. Accounts are constantly changing hands.

As for those sites that buy your account and then resell it, you get very little for the account. A few friends looked into it. One person had 3 level 75 jobs with good equips, all city missions done, CoP done, etc and they offered him $150 for his account. A comparable account on their site was going for $1200. Another guy had a lot of high end gear, all missions up to date, maats cap, so basically an uber account and they offered him $300. I'd rather sell to someone I know in my ls for that price.
                    Originally posted by Feba
                    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                    Originally posted by Taskmage
                    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                    Originally posted by DakAttack
                    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

everyone else on Hades.
                      You come from the asscrack of Vana'diel, of course you're going to have a negative opinion about other people.

Comment

It's not a negative opinion when it's true. Well, mostly, since I did omit the fact that it's people in HNM shells that bot and not every single player, but you got the idea.
                        sigpic

Comment

it's people in HNM shells
                          Again. Asscrack of Vana'diel.

Comment

Being in that shell was the most fun I had in the game until my friends started quitting.

Do we really need to go back into this though? My main point was that people getting banned don't always get banned for the bad stuff they do, and instead get caught up in some retarded payment issues.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X