Ultimate handheld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate handheld

Now I know its a bit much to claim "ultimate handheld" but I cant think of another word for this awsome thing....

Open Pandora Single board hand held computer/game system

I want one, but they are not for sell yet, and when they do start selling them, starting prices is some where around $330
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Re: Ultimate handheld

Interesting...
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Play FFXI on the go.
      Hume M - War lv.10 - Bastok

Comment

Looks like a Glorified DS IMO.

Comment

Eh...small screens hurt my eyes, but I am looking forward to the DS XL this spring. Maybe I'll finally be able to play on one and enjoy it:

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
            Ya, if by glorified you mean running a general purpose OS that you could do almost anything you wanted on.
            I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Originally posted by Mhurron View Post
              Ya, if by glorified you mean running a general purpose OS that you could do almost anything you wanted on.
              I thought iPhone/Touch already did everything else DS and PSP didn't.

The strength of a portable is simplicity, not complexity. The lack of ergonomics alone reveals what they're going for and why it will fail.

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post

The strength of a portable is simplicity, not complexity. The lack of ergonomics alone reveals what they're going for and why it will fail.
                With Linux, the device can be as simple, or as complicated as you want

it can be used as a standard pocket PC, or slap on a new skin for the desktop and have nothing more then 6 or so big icons on the screen that go to different emulators (hell that's what I want it for)

Physically its fine, watched a few videos of a guy playing diffrent emulated games on it, and his hands looked comfortable.

Visually it looks sleek and nice, its not to big or to small.

and as far as power......

# Texas Instruments OMAP3530 processor at 600MHz (officially)
                # 256MB DDR-333 SDRAM
                # 512MB NAND FLASH memory
                # IVA2+ audio and video processor using TI's DaVinciâ„¢ technology (430MHz C64x DSP)
                # ARM® Cortex™-A8 superscalar microprocessor core
                # PowerVR SGX530 (110MHz officially) OpenGL ES 2.0 compliant 3D hardware
                # integrated Wifi 802.11b/g (up to 18dBm output)
                # integrated Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (3Mbps) (Class 2, + 4dBm)
                # 800x480 resolution LTPS LCD with resistive touch screen, 4.3" widescreen, 16.7 million colors (300 cd/m2 brightness, 450:1 contrast ratio)
                # Dual analog controllers
                # Full gamepad controls plus shoulder buttons
                # Dual SDHC card slots (up to 64GB of storage currently)
                # headphone output up to 150mW/channel into 16 ohms, 99dB SNR (up to 24 bit/48KHz)
                # TV output (composite and S-Video)
                # Internal microphone plus ability to connect external microphone through headset
                # Stereo line level inputs and outputs
                # 43 button QWERTY and numeric keypad
                # USB 2.0 OTG port (1.5/12/480Mbps) with capability to charge device
                # USB 2.0 HOST port (480Mbps) capable of providing the full 500mA to attached devices (examples include USB memory, keyboard, mouse, 3G modem, GPS)
                # up to two externally accessible UARTs and/or four PWM signals for hardware hacking, robot control, debugging, etc.
                # un-brickable design with integrated boot loader for safe code experimentation
                # Power and hold switch useful for "instant on" and key lockout to aid in media player applications on the go
                # Runs on the Linux operating system (2.6.x)
                # Dimensions: 140x83.4x27.5mm
                # Weight: 335g (with 4000mAh battery)

now its not a power house, but compared to the PSP and DS its on equip ground (yeah I know lulz for comparing a "PC" and a game system)

For one reason alone (not even counting the countless others) the fact that I can play all my emulation from Dreamcast (dont really believe this until I try it or see it myself) on down, on this thing, with the option to plug it into my TV and play it on there as well.....I want one now...... ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
                  HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, I've seen this before. Looks nifty, but let's face it, almost everyone that gets it is just going to be using it to emulate games they could emulate on a hacked PSP-- which would be cheaper, and also able to play PSP games.

Comment

Why? Why would you buy this just to emulate Dreamcast games?

Comment

There are several handhelds out or in development that play emulated games. This is nothing new. I'm not getting excited and I'll wait till someone spends their hard earned money on it and gives it a thumbs up or down.
                      Originally posted by Feba
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      Originally posted by Taskmage
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      Originally posted by DakAttack
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                        HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Anyway, I've seen this before. Looks nifty, but let's face it, almost everyone that gets it is just going to be using it to emulate games they could emulate on a hacked PSP-- which would be cheaper, and also able to play PSP games.
                        There is that, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Takelli View Post
                          This was pretty much my initial reaction.

Meh, I'll wait until it dies before I start looking into getting one.
                          Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
                          Name: Drjones
                          Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                            This was pretty much my initial reaction.

Meh, I'll wait until it dies before I start looking into getting one.

I'd rather wait until it dips down under 250$ before even buying it. It may last like dream cast, or it may last like Nintendo. It may be a decent hand held, but W/E I already got what I want for gaming, and I got a lap top to emulate games if I wanted. So I don't really need one lol.

Comment

Well to be fare, the other systems you have to "hack" to get emulation on them, where as this you dont. That and this can run a good amount of PC games as well, portable Diablo II or Warcraft would be nice, web browsing that's not limited at all like other handhelds. *shrugs* guess its just the geek in me that sees this as really awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X