Wacom Intuos4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wacom Intuos4

Does anyone use this tablet? Give me your pros and cons if you do. Also do you have any of the additional pens? If so which ones and which do you feel are worth the $$?
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Re: Wacom Intuos4

Do want one myself someday, but they're a little expensive to be honest.

I own a Bamboo which is also Wacom. I only have the pen that came with. Its great for work I even do programming with it.

Aspiring to be a Intuos 4 owner sometime in the future... that's all.
    signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Wacom - Intuos4 Small USB Tablet with Pen and Mouse - PTK440

I got the small one for my birthday, looking to own a bigger one early next year. I really like how it is $50 cheaper at best buy than it is at newegg. I've been using it on and off for about 3 months and I really like it. I only own the pen that came with it since I haven't got around to looking into the extra pens. You can bind keypresses to the buttons, and the rotary dial when used in photoshop is the default zoom in and out. The button in the center of the rotary dial can be used to open a new sheet of commands, I believe there are 4 sets of six that can be bound to the buttons. Compared to my speed with mouse and trackpad, it makes using the pen tool extremely fast. (Yes I used it to make my sig and avatar pics. Random Tracing lol.) ^_^
      Last edited by Durahansolo; 11-24-2009, 05:44 AM.
      {New Sig in the works}
      -----------------------
      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
      "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
      Originally posted by Solymir
      What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I had a Wacom Graphire3 (6"x8" active area), these days the equivalent would be a Bamboo. Worked like a dream. Never owned any other tablets so I can't compare, but it was good at what it did.

According to Wikipedia the main advantage of the Intuos line is that it has the same feel as drawing on paper (Graphires and presumably Bamboos have a plastic surface) which is why it's marketed to professional artists.

Comment

This thing I'm using as my mouse right now might be an intuos something . . . honestly, the plan was to just get one so that I didn't make a massive mess of paper trying to frustrate some drawing skill out of me. Of course, after I got one, dedication quite apparently fell, I think some time after the failed open canvas sessions with Armando (failed as in, connection never lasted more than a few seconds). So, the actual pen has been set aside for a while now.

Though, it just occurred to me while posting this that, if I'm willing to put the time in to drawing again, there are surely some oekaki boards out there I could use this thing on some time.
          Originally posted by Armando
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Originally posted by Armando
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

Still a wise investment just for regular use YM. It's a major improvement over a mouse... for pretty much ANYTHING than maybe sometimes gaming... depending on the game.

Comment

Got my Intuos4 today but no Airbrush pen, just the Art pen. Haven't even been able to use it, been in bed most of the day. Won't be able to play with it for a couple more days either with baking/Thanksgiving gdi. Day after Thanksgiving is decorating day and the weekend is wrap all the damn Christmas presents days.............I wonder if I'll be able to use it before the f**king new year!

Kind of debating if I should even d/l the software to use with it. I have a feeling "Santa" is giving me new computer parts for Christmas so I'll be building myself a new one. I got the large one so its rather big and takes up a lot of desk space. I'm not too tidy when it comes to my desk either. lol First thing both my husband and son said when they saw it was "Ummm...and just where are you going to put it on THAT DESK???" /sigh

Anyone know of any good tutorials or do they have one you can d/l from the website? Just don't have the time, or the energy, to do all the searching right now.
              Originally posted by Feba
              But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
              God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
              Originally posted by DakAttack
              ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

F Christmas mom, go play with the tablet.

Comment

Working...
                X