New Laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Laptop

I'm in the market for a new laptop. I've had my current one for about 3 years now and I think it may be time for an upgrade. I'm looking to spend between $900-$1300

Asus - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - White/Black - G51VX-RX05 I'm looking for a laptop similar to that one. Best Buy had this other epic Asus one for $1250, but it was in the Outlet and it is now gone . I figured that if the other Asus laptop stuck around til the end of the month I'd nab it, but its gone ;_;. I've already looked at both Newegg and Tigerdirect and didn't see much of interest. Are there any other reputable dealer websites out there?
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Re: New Laptop

Best Buy had 2 left of the one I originally wanted (The 1250 one.) so I bought it today. Crisis Averted .
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Aw I missed the thread entirely! Boooooo! lol

Congrats on the new shinies Durah! I love getting new geeky things to play with like.....

I went over to the dark side............

...again!
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

What kind of computer is that TGM? I need specs .

Asus G71GX-RX05 Laptop reviews - CNET Reviews This is the one I got, but there were two versions of it, G71GX and the Best Buy version, I think the version on that page is the Best Buy one. The Best Buy version doesn't have the blue OLED screen above the keyboard which shows you various stats on the computer (Battery, Equalizer, game FPS, etc.) My brother ordered me a new laptop cooler for my birthday (He ordered it the other day and my Birthday was in August lmao, my family is always late.) because both of my Targus ones that I bought from Best Buy are total garbage. They couldn't even keep cool in the freezer.

My Acer had a flippable camera on it so that you could take pics and possibly webcam with it, but I never really used it. The Asus has a built in camera that can be used for Face ID Scanning lol. So when I sit down at the computer, it scans my face and logs me into Vista. It also has these interesting LED and Neon lights on the case that can be controlled with the built in software.

I get a free Windows 7 upgrade which is pretty cool as well, I just hope I don't have many problems with the Asus drivers.
        {New Sig in the works}
        -----------------------

Comment

13" Mac Book Pro
          2.53Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
          8GB DDR3 Ram
          128GB Solid State HD (I wanted the 250GB one but couldn't make myself spend the additional $450)

I had to get the smaller one since I'm taking some classes and needed to lug it around. My Alienware crapped out 6 months after the extended warranty was up. I had a back-up Sony Vaio and its fine for surfing/email/word processing but thats about it.

I'm loving Windows 7 too. I put it on my Vaio for about 6 weeks ago and now I have it on the Mac Book too.
          But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
          God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
          ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Just a little miffed today. Of course Asus just came out with their new Windows 7 line and I lay eyes on the G72GX. The G72GX costs the same damn price I paid for the overpriced G71GX 2 weeks ago (G71GX is a Core 2 Duo and G72GX is a Core 2 Quad). I called up there to see if they'd take it back on a technicality (There are two types of G71GXs, the one BB sells and one of the same calibur that has a OLED screen that the BB one doesn't have. I didn't know that at the time of purchase and I thought it to be a selling point.) and the guy basically told me that if Asus won't screw him over then they'll take it back for an exchange. Only thing I hate is that I'll have to restore the files I put on there back to factory. It is a good thing I have a external hard drive hooked to it that I can just swap install files back on so I won't have to redownload them. It was my own fault though, I was expecting that they'd have a laptop similar, but not that much better.

Meh, after angrily typing this rant I guess I'll just keep it.
            {New Sig in the works}
            -----------------------

Comment

My motherboard is fried... it'll cost $450 to fix... I appreciate this thread existence. Thank you.

... course I know diddley about what I'm looking for other than I can afford less than you, lol. Like the $500-800'ish range. Might just get by on my phone til black friday. Idk... hate replacing computers.
              FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
              FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
              aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                other than I can afford less than you, lol.
                lol, I bought it on Best Buy credit (No interest 18 months, gotta pay the mininum payment though), so I have until April 2011 to get it paid off. Hopefully I'll have it paid off before next October, and if I get a good tax return then that'll be where most of that money is headed.

Originally posted by Neverslip View Post
                My motherboard is fried... it'll cost $450 to fix
                Damn!!! Yeah, for 450 bucks, it'd be cheaper just to put that towards a new laptop.
                {New Sig in the works}
                -----------------------

Comment

Yeah... it's like $330 for the motherboard + $100 labor + tax ... So I'm on the hunt. I don't do much cept surf and vids on it so I'm not looking for anything epic. But I would like to get something that may be able to sample some of the upcoming releases for me (Diablo3, FFxiv, still play FFxi - lol, proly a few others I can't think of)
                  FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
                  FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
                  aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

Ya my mb is fried on my Alienware laptop so I get in contact with them and they no longer stock it so I can't have it replaced. $5000 laptop........god damn 5 yr extended warranty ended 6 months ago too....just ticks me off

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                      ticks me off

kekeke

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                        $5000 laptop
                        Dang, now that is serious. I noticed that BB has the nerve to have a Alienware laptop on their website. I didn't even know they sold those in retail outlets and I'm pretty sure they're probably Online Only though. Something else I noticed recently, I didn't even know that Newegg sold mobile processors. I might think about upgrading this Core 2 Duo to a Quad in a few months.
                        Last edited by Durahansolo; 10-24-2009, 05:58 AM.
                        {New Sig in the works}
                        -----------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X