Random disconnects :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random disconnects :(

Hey guys, been having a very frustrating problem the past couple of weeks. There will be times I'm playing FFXI and I won't see a disconnect for hours and hours. Then all of a sudden boom, modem restarts constantly. I get POL-2059 when I disconnect and I searched it up. At the time I had some viruses (I think it was said viruses, spyware, etc., could cause this), but I reformatted my computer, and the laptop that's sharing the connection has no viruses, so I think that's out.

I wasn't using my desktop for a few days and had it disconnected. I installed FFXI on the laptop, and I did not get a s-i-n-g-l-e disconnect (it's not mine though so using the laptop isn't an option really).

I thought it was the modem, but it's still happening on a brand new one.

Also tonight I did 2 salvage runs and I just noticed for the majority of the run I was good. Near the end of the first run I had dc'd at a certain spot, logged back on, and later dc'd at another spot a few mins later. Then during the second I dc'd at pratically the same exact spots.

Lastly I hardly recall dc'ing while I'm on the comp and not running FFXI, so I'm starting to think the game has a few things wrong with it. But...I've been playing this since Nov '07 and this just started happening the past few weeks, I just don't get it. Anyone have any ideas?

tl;dr

I think FFXI is disconnecting me at certain times, or when I'm in certain zones. Anything sound familiar?

[Help me out!]

Thanks a lot!

Re: Random disconnects

It sounds like your ISP is having problems. If the connection issues don't stop soon (they are usually temporary) you need to call them to find out what's going on and how long it will take to get fixed.

I doubt it has anything to do with XI itself. But connection issues are much more noticeable while playing because the game requires a constant and stable connection to work.
    sigpic
    "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
    Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Re: Random disconnects

Sounds like the ISP's end or your modem's going bad. Give them a call and get it resolved.
      ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
      X