Blue Screen during updates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue Screen during updates.

Hi, im having problems updating FFXI on my PC, POL starts up okay then it will download version info, and most times get all the checking files done and then restart or blue screen when it starts to download the updates!

Here is my system info.

Microsoft Windows XP
    Prfessional
    Version 2002
    Service pack 1

AMD Athlon(tm) XP 3000+
    2.11GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM

Graphic Card:

NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200
    Chip type: GeForce FX 5200
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Memory size: 128 MB
    Adapter String: Grforce FX 5200
    Bios Information: Version 4.34.20.18.00

I have loads of harddrive space.

And here is the blue screen and the error messege that comes up on startup after blue screen.

A Promlem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
    DRIVE_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you have seen this stop screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again follow there steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If this problem continues, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOs memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use "safe mode" to remove or disable component, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical Information:

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0xFFFFFFFF, 0x0000001E, 0x00000000, 0xFFFFFFFF)

*** USBPORT.SYS - Address F6CAB06B base at F6C92000 Datestamp 3d6ddc31

Beginning dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

Error messege on start up after blue screen:

Error Signature

BBCode:d1 BCP1:FFFFFFFF BCP2: 0000001E BCP3: 00000000
    BCP4: FFFFFFFF OSVer: 5_1_2600 SP:1_0 Product: 256_1

The folloing file will be included in this error report:
    C:\WINDOWSzMinidump\Mini021109-02.dmp
    C:\DOCUME~1\Landan\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER9.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

Well thats everything, hope you can help.

Ive removed all the programs i can from the computer and updated my graphics card driver.
    Last edited by wh1t3e4rth; 02-11-2009, 05:40 AM.

Re: Blue Screen during updates.

does it happen only when you do updates? this sounds like it has something to do with IRQ, Windows XP was pretty bad with some motherboards. try disabling devices from the BIOS that you dont need, like modems, onboard sound if you hav a sound card already, or onboard video if you're using a video card.

Comment

Yeah, it did it ingame before i needed to do the updates, but rarely. When i try to do updates it happens everytime.

How so i disable those? Sorry dont know a lot about computers.

Comment

k your problem is with usbport.sys

here's some links to read:
        http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hard..._20837201.html
        http://www.ntcompatible.com/DRIVER_I...AL_t32503.html
        http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6127-0....ssageID=587560
        http://forums.techguy.org/t383258.html

here's one solution:
        This is a difficult problem it can be so many things,favourite seems to be something you are running from the USB ports,causing problems,I cannot for sure find out if the NT article applies to xp,usually they do .....however I did find this below in another forum that you might want to try ....

There are unnecessary processes being started that are causing the problem. Have Windows XP sort them out by following these directions:

1. Go to Start>Run> type MSCONFIG.
        2. When the box appears, click on the STARTUP tab.
        3. Select DISABLE ALL, then hit APPLY then hit OKAY.
        4. Reboot and get rid the MSCONFIG splash screen when it appears upon reboot.
        5. If you are prompted to reboot again, do so.

You will no longer be bothered by the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screen. The processes that you DO need were automatically re-enabled when you did the reboot. You should be in good shape now.

Comment

I get the same thing occaisionally. Here is what I found triggers it for me.

It only happens when I'm running Windows Media Center to my Xbox360 (don't know if it would happen with other devices as I don't have other devices but I'd guess so). I can stream music and such, but WMC sometiems triggers this, and I've looked up the error and it has to do w/ my wireless NIC, too it would appear.

I have Windows Vista though.
          Red Mage ~ White Mage ~ Summoner ~ Black Mage ~ Beastmaster ~ Samurai ~ Paladin ~ Blue Mage

Windurst-Tarutaru-Ragnarok

Windurst: ★Rank 10★ | San d'Oria: ★Rank 10★ | Bastok: ★Rank 10★
          Zilart: ★The Last Verse★ | Promathia: ★The Last Verse★
          Aht Urhgan: ★Eternal Mercenary★| Assault: ★Captain★
          Goddess: Fate In Haze | Campaign: Moonlight Medal
          Crystalline: ★A Crystalline Prophecy (Fin.)★ | Moogle: ★A Moogle Kupo d'Etat (Fin.)★

Retired.

Comment

is ur wireless card a USB type?
            Last edited by Chainspell; 02-11-2009, 07:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

So, cant read http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hard..._20837201.html cos need to pay for a subscription >.<

Tried http://reviews.cnet.com/5208-6127-0....ssageID=587560 but not luck ; ;

Tried Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal - Tech Support Guy Forums but no luck.

And not really sure how to do any of these
              1. remove one or two PCI devices that not used to free IRQ
              2. change PCI device to different slot to re arrange IRQs
              3. Disable IRQ for video card in BIOS

Thanks for your help^_^!

Comment

Working...
              X