Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humanity. Doomed to failure for not listening to science fiction.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humanity. Doomed to failure for not listening to science fiction.

Yup, it was only a matter of time.

IBM to build new monster supercomputer - Network World

If they don't call it skynet, they are idiots.

Humanity = Doomed

Re: Humanity. Doomed to failure for not listening to science fiction.

Originally posted by ShepardG View Post
    Yup, it was only a matter of time.

IBM to build new monster supercomputer - Network World

If they don't call it skynet, they are idiots.

Humanity = Doomed
    LOL Doubleposted.

IBM Must not have anything better to do since they want to create V.I.K.I. (I, Robot) or K.I.T.T. (Knight Rider) computers/AI. Pretty soon they'll be making a Gundam Command Center in order to house it. So if my theory goes through with NASA and the Military fusing together, they'll call upon IBM to build the computers for the Mobile Suits.
    {New Sig in the works}
    -----------------------
    "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

Originally posted by Aksannyi
    "Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.
    Originally posted by Solymir
    What do you have against Ants? Is iVirus some new Apple product?

Comment

I totally didn't double post.....it was the fucking supercomputer....it's reach is already that powerful.

*run's away*

Comment

As soon as they produce anything resembling a Mobile Suit I am going to drop everything and enlist.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatMno View Post
          I am going to drop everything and enlist.
          HA, if they do, your gonna need to get a commission instead of an enlistment. Us non-educated enlisted folk will have no chance at piloting a mech.

Except during the testing stages....to make sure it's safe for the commissioned folk.

Comment

I'll find a way. I figure after a few years of stellar performance I'll have a shot of being selected.

Comment

Just wait for some 90% of the population to perish in the ensuing war or however it went in the original Gundam.
              "And if he left off dreaming about you, where do you suppose you'd be?"

Comment

Originally posted by Lmnop View Post
                Just wait for some 90% of the population to perish in the ensuing war or however it went in the original Gundam.
                You called that shit like it was on speed dial!

Comment

No point in needing to enlist/get commissioned. I'm sure some 15 year old kid is gonna stumble upon it and Gundam jack it.
                  Cleverness - Hades
                  75BLU/75RDM/75NIN/60SAM/59SMN
                  DRK/NIN/WHM/BLM/SCH/WAR/PLD subs

Comment

From the description and size of the supercomputer. This sounds more like it could handle the Patriots program from the MGS series. You might not want to enlist, you might become dependent on the system. D=
                    Rodin - Ragnarok Server (Out of Retirement)
                    90BRD 90SMN 90WHM 75BLM 75RDM 61BST 50RNG 37NIN 37THF

Goal: All jobs max level and capped merits.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodin View Post
                      From the description and size of the supercomputer. This sounds more like it could handle the Patriots program from the MGS series. You might not want to enlist, you might become dependent on the system. D=
                      When everybody simultaneously gets a message via cellphone, aim, telephone, fax, ipod that says "Fission Mailed" all is lost.
                      {New Sig in the works}
                      -----------------------
                      "There will come a day when the world will realize that Superman can no longer create miracles. If my name was Superman, that day would be today." 4/29/2009 - Me

"Hello! 100+3 Leathercrafting, your materials, 5k! Mention code LTH74 for a special discount!" - they'd get blisted by everyone they sent that to.

Comment

Originally posted by Durahansolo View Post
                        When everybody simultaneously gets a message via cellphone, aim, telephone, fax, ipod that says "Fission Mailed" all is lost.
                        This reminds me of when I was a kid and we had to do emergency drills in school. The siren would go off, we'd go into the hallway, crouch down on the floor, put our head between our knees, and cover the back of our head/neck with our hands. Ya, like thats gonna protect us from a NUCLEAR BOMB. >< Or when I was in the bar with my father (90% of my childhood was there), and I read the sign that described what we did in school except after putting your head between your legs it said "And kiss your ass goodbye!" Next drill in school, as the teacher was telling us step by step what to do, when she got to "Now put your head between your knees children..." I loudly said AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE! Ya I got a trip to the coat room for that...... (for you youngsters we were actually beaten in school back in the day)
                        Originally posted by Feba
                        But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                        Originally posted by Taskmage
                        God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                        Originally posted by DakAttack
                        ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                          I got a trip to the coat room for that......
                          lol TGM was a rebel "Fightin the Powah!" even back in grade school.

You never know, IBM might be getting ready to build the AI from the Matrix.
                          {New Sig in the works}
                          -----------------------

Comment

At least that would solve the energy crisis.
                            sigpic
                            "In this world, the one who has the most fun is the winner!" C.B.
                            Prishe's Knight 2004-Forever.

その目だれの目。

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                              This reminds me of when I was a kid and we had to do emergency drills in school. The siren would go off, we'd go into the hallway, crouch down on the floor, put our head between our knees, and cover the back of our head/neck with our hands. Ya, like thats gonna protect us from a NUCLEAR BOMB. >< Or when I was in the bar with my father (90% of my childhood was there), and I read the sign that described what we did in school except after putting your head between your legs it said "And kiss your ass goodbye!" Next drill in school, as the teacher was telling us step by step what to do, when she got to "Now put your head between your knees children..." I loudly said AND KISS YOUR ASS GOODBYE! Ya I got a trip to the coat room for that...... (for you youngsters we were actually beaten in school back in the day)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RHj15wVXec&feature=related"]YouTube - DUCK & COVER 1950 ATOMIC BOMB SCARE[/ame]

I had to watch this in a class I took recently.

500 hours in MS paint

Comment

Working...
                              X