Question on hooking up a PS2 to a monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on hooking up a PS2 to a monitor

I just got a new computer that I'm setting up. The monitor that I got has a VGA port on the back of it, so it should be able to hook up to a PS2. However when I hook up the PS2 cable to it, all I get is a black and white picture with no sound.

I'm not at home right now so I can't describe the VGA port on the monitor, if that makes a difference. But it looks something like:

OO
    ...OO

I forget the colors for each hole.

There are a few things I want to try with it, but I wanted to toss this out there and see if anyone knows a way to fix this.

And why don't spaces that you put in here to offset something work? Why must I be forced to use ... to indent things? Why? Why?!?!?!

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Re: Question on hooking up a PS2 to a monitor

You mean it as a svideo input port?

Is the port pictured here video port Definition: TechEncyclopedia from TechWeb

The easiest answer is you have to select the input port, it doesn't switch automatically.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

Yes, the second picture of the svideo port is almost exactly what I have.

The easiest answer is you have to select the input port, it doesn't switch automatically.
      Well, since the plugs on the PS2 are the analog type, right now they're plugged into the VGA ports next to the svideo plug. It registers on my screen as a VGA port, nothing shows up on the svideo port.

Is that the way it's supposed to be or is there something that I need for this?

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

Buy XCM 1080p Mega-Cool VGA Box (PS2 & NGC & Xbox & PS3 & XB360 & Wii & Sony PSP Slim & Lite) - Order Now! is what I used to use.
        "Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enhance the future"
        "Good judgment comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgment"

Comment

Working...
        X