New Computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer

Well I have finally bit the bullet and built myself a new machine to replace my aging athlon 64 one.

Its a Q6660 quad core processor with 2GB memory, a geforce 8800GT 512mb DDR3 graphics card, 74gb western digital raptor hard drive and stuck all my other componants like digital tv card, DVD burner etc in. I also got a 22" LCD widescreen monitor and the quality is spectacular. The case is a thermotake aluminium lack case which has 2 decent fans which are filtered.

Now I'm ready for Spore, I can actually play HL2 without lagging due to graphics card not being able to draw quick enough (like my old machine did) etc etc.

Re: New Computer

What're those DVD cases? Also, lol at having two keyboards, and not actually using the keyboard tray.

Comment

DVD cases under the desk are FF -X, X-2, XII, Dragon quest 8, Star ocean tillt he end of time, + war of teh worlds live and Genesis Live DVD what you can't see is all my other PS2 games and PSone games, on the side is Jean Michel jarres Oxygene Live concert DVD and my broadband setup disk box. 2 Keyboards in the pic because I couldn't use my G15 until I had installed windows and the drivers for it so I have a spare PS2 socket keyboard to install everything with. Can't use the tray as the G15 is so damn huge it doesn't fit!

Comment

Actually, lol at keyboard trays... first thing I did when I bought my desk was remove it.
        signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

Its handy for paperwork and game guides etc but not for a G15 keyboard!

Comment

Its only handy for more garbage on my desk that's what it is.

Comment

Very nice rig.. I like your case - is it smoked acrylic all around?

I recently upgraded to a new machine myself, though I didn't go for a quad-core - the new C2 Duo E8400 is a little cheaper than the low-end C2 Quads and was rated much higher on the benchmarks, and everyone was telling me FFXI runs best with a faster CPU. I need to find a camera so I can take some pics of mine.. tho your desk is a LOT cleaner than mine is right now so I'd be a lil embarassed...
              Host of irc.gamesurge.net #FF14 - TheAfterLife XI & XIV LS
              Olorin (Ramuh): BLM75 BRD78 WHM75 RDM75
              Olorin Branwen (Melmond): Lv12 LNC9 CON7 THM6 MNR6 ALC4

Comment

Its aluminium, i know I nearly cut myself on the edge! Its this case

The quad is better for me for rendering CAD fly-throughs along with the 8800GT, the multcore is better at the number crunching required. as for the desk, I took the opertunity of taking my old machine off to get the duster out and cleaned it.. give it a few months...

Comment

Originally posted by Olorin401 View Post
                  tho your desk is a LOT cleaner than mine is right now so I'd be a lil embarassed...
                  Thats what I was thinking!! HOLY HELL MAN thats clean! I will NOT show you mine....its horrendous! LOL
                  Originally posted by Feba
                  But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                  Originally posted by Taskmage
                  God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                  Originally posted by DakAttack
                  ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
                    Thats what I was thinking!! HOLY HELL MAN thats clean! I will NOT show you mine....its horrendous! LOL
                    Lets not start a whole new thread to see who has the biggest mess on their desk.

I HAVE FOOD PLATES FROM LUNCH.

._.

I usually cleanup every night but during the day.. its work stuff piled up with not-work stuff and other stuff that i have no idea about plus some more stuff on top of that stuff, with more stuff right next to that pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                      Lets not start a whole new thread to see who has the biggest mess on their desk.

I HAVE FOOD PLATES FROM LUNCH.

._.

I usually cleanup every night but during the day.. its work stuff piled up with not-work stuff and other stuff that i have no idea about plus some more stuff on top of that stuff, with more stuff right next to that pile.
                      Sounds exactly like my desk. To my left I have a pile of unread magazines; Max PC, Popular Science, Nat. Geographic, Play, etc. To my right I have a stack of games I'm playing or have yet to play; Beautiful Katamari, BioShock, Blue Dragon, FFXII International Ed., Overlord, DMC4, etc. Add to this various piles of receipts, notebooks (to scribble stuff in cause I always forget shit), pill bottles, stacks of HD-DVD's (yes yes I know), plus various game systems and that all equals ONE BIG MESS! lol

My desk is just one level too. I took a piece of oak and sanded, stained, sanded, poly'd, sanded some more, poly'd again, more sanding, etc until I got it just how I liked it. Then I took some 1/2" moulding and repeated above process and then glued and nailed it onto the oak. So my desk is homeade and sits on top of 2 file cabinets. It's over 5 feet long and about 3 1/2 feet wide.............and is organized chaos!!
                      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
                      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
                      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Mom, i could sweep my desk with my right arm, and lose NOTHING of any sort of value or interest.

But i am lazy! (and busy)

Comment

Hmmm...ok you got me there. I'd say only 1/2 of the stuff on my desk is worthless.....but then again my husband says 99% is. All in the eye of the beholder I guess!

Comment

If I did a sweep with my right arm right now i'd get rid of:

A box with nothing inside.
                            An empty yogurt bottle.
                            An empty box of DVDs.
                            The box my cellphone came in. Cellphone is 7 months old.
                            A glove I use at the gym, that needs washing, most probably.
                            FFXI's original box, nothing inside.
                            A crumbled paper envelope.
                            An empty water bottle.
                            L-Carnitin Pill bottle.
                            A perfume my dearest bought me for christmas that i dont use.
                            A note book, which was never used.
                            A receipt copy for a job i did.
                            Some random connector cables, maybe usb i dont know.
                            Broken headphones.
                            A bottle of skin ointment for sunburns, which is full and still cealed because i dont get sunburns.
                            An empty box of chewing gum.
                            A tea spoon.
                            2 pens.
                            A bit of tinfoil.

I have No idea who put half of those things here.

Please dont ask me for the left hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfree View Post
                              The box my cellphone came in. Cellphone is 7 months old.
                              I busted out laughing at this! I recently bought a new cellphone, a new camera, and an ebook and all of the empty boxes are stacked on my desk and have been there for months. Balfree, you and I have serious issues. I think we need DDA (Dirty Desks Anonymous)!

UNEDITED DESK PICTURE....I am a brave soul....

Comment

Working...
                              X