Problem with FFXI on my laptop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with FFXI on my laptop

Hello. I recently got a laptop for my college work. I had a look at the specs and to me it seems fine to beable to run FFXI. It installed fine, updated fine but then when i went to play, the fullscreen mode cut of and i had this message.

FFXI was unable to check system hardware. Please make sure you meet the hardware requierments.
    Its not exact as i cant remember all of it.

My specifications for the laptop are as follows:

CPU: 1.7 Intel Celeron
    RAM: 512MB (reading 504 due to shared GFX. My main PC also shows 504 MB due to shared GFX)
    GFX: Intel 82845G 64MB (My main PC uses Intel GFX aswell and that runs FFXI fine)
    HDD: 40GB

Any other information you need please let me know.

One last thing, when i try to set the resolution and other settings, my FFXI Config is blank. I have attached a picture.

I have tried reinstalling my GFX driver and reinstalling FFXI. Even after the time i spent updating...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Vildar; 07-14-2008, 08:13 AM.
    "Leo used poop!
    The attack was ineffective!"

Re: Problem with FFXI on my laptop

Unfortunately it is your video card. It's obvious by your sceenshot. Try updating:

Download Software, Drivers and Utilities

And 512mb of ram is really pushing it too. I wouldn't run anything but FFXI on your computer with that amount of ram.

Are you receiving any error messages such as:

Terminated as error occurred in FINAL FANTASY XI. Failed to recognize hardware TnL?

Only thing I found that you could try would be this (read the thread):

VN Boards - TnL error? Please help I really need help

Does it work? I personally do not know because I have not had this issue. Others have had luck with it but I can not say for sure you will.
    Originally posted by Feba
    But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
    Originally posted by Taskmage
    God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
    Originally posted by DakAttack
    ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Yea that is the error i am getting. I have updated my drivers with everything i could find on the Intel site, i did try that ToMMTi thing, seems to work with the FFXI Config. Havent tried with FFXI yet. Going to install just the core and update then try.

Question though, is there a way i can make it so i dont have to run this little program eachtime i want to play FFXI?

EDIT This program dosnt seem to run the POL.exe. Is there any hope for me playing on this laptop?
      Last edited by Vildar; 07-14-2008, 10:09 AM.
      "Leo used poop!

Comment

Originally posted by Vildar View Post
        Question though, is there a way i can make it so i dont have to run this little program eachtime i want to play FFXI?
        Playonline? Nope. You have to go through PoL each time you want to get on.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

After a little looking around, i found this link:
          FFXI Failed to recognize hardware TnL

This one works with pol.exe so ive seen. So i will use this one.
          From what i gather this would take quite a bit of memory? If so would installing Windows 2000 Pro be a better choice? Ive herd that this runs alot smoother than XP. Seeing it is a laptop aswell i reckon this would run quite smooth.

BTW Thank you TheGrandMom for pointing out this program.
          "Leo used poop!

Comment

I think I'm having a similar problem. I haven't play FFXI in about 3 years. I loaded my old POL disc and it updated. However, now all I get is a frozen window when I try to open POL. Am I SOL?

Edit: Sorry, I'm using a laptop with 2.2Ghz Intel Processor.

=============================== System =================================

CPU = Unknown Genuine Intel(R) Processor with MMX
            CPU Speed = 0
            No. of CPUs = 2
            OS = Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2 Ver 5.01.2600
            Version of DirectX = DirectX9.0c
            Main Memory = Capacity:2047MB : Free Space:2047MB
            Drive [C:\] = Local Disk Free Space:7.55 GB(Capacity:119.53 GB)
            Drive [E:\] = Local Disk Free Space:16.55 GB(Capacity:29.52 GB)
            PlayOnline Viewer Install Path = C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\
            FINAL FANTASY XI Install Path = Not installed
            TETRA MASTER Install Path = C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\TetraMaster\
            Graphics Card = %NVIDIA_G84.DEV_0407.3%
            Type of Chip = UnKnown Video Chip
            Video Driver = nv4_disp.dll
            Version = 6.14.11.5665
            Updated = Friday, September 21, 2007 3:05 AM
            VendorId = 0x10DE
            DeviceId = 0x0407
            SubSysId = 0x401170
            Revision = 161
            VRAM = 512.0MB
            AvailableVidMem = 502.3MB
            AvailableTextureMem = 744.0MB
            Sound Card = Realtek HD Audio output
            Sound Driver = RtkHDAud.sys
            Version = 5.10.0.5477
            Updated = Thursday, September 06, 2007 9:31 AM
            Network Card = Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet
            Network Driver = b57xp32.sys
            Version = 10.26.0.0
            Updated = Friday, February 16, 2007 4:46 PM
            Network Card = Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter
            Network Driver = btnetdrv.sys
            Version = 6.0.12.56
            Updated = Tuesday, March 06, 2007 12:59 PM
            Motherboard = Znote
            Manufacturer = Zepto
            Version = 6025WD/6625WD
            Serial Number = 773CS00230

============================ Registry ===================================

\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder 0002 C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\TetraMaster
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\InstallFolder 1000 C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface 0002 000451f1
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\Interface 1000 00044ff8
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer FirstBootPlayMovie 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings ResetSettings 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings PlayOpeningMovie 0x00000001(1)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings FullScreen 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings PlayAudio 0x00000001(1)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings UseGameController 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller AnchorUp 0x00000030(48)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller AnchorRight 0x00000032(50)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller AnchorLeft 0x00000036(54)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller AnchorDown 0x00000034(52)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller ChrCsrNext 0x00000007(7)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller ChrCsrPrev 0x00000006(6)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller PageNext 0x00000005(5)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller PagePrev 0x00000004(4)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller Navi 0x00000003(3)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller Menu 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller Ok 0x00000001(1)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller Cancel 0x00000002(2)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\Settings\Controller ID 0x00000000(0)
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\SystemInfo
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\PlayOnlineViewer\SystemInfo\QCheck
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\TetraMaster
            \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\TetraMaster LOADDIR C:\Program Files\PlayOnline\SquareEnix/TetraMaster/

Comment

With them kind of specifications you should have no problem running FFXI. I have barly the minimum and i can get it to run. You might just need to reinstall Playonline viewer.
              "Leo used poop!

Comment

Originally posted by labmonkey View Post
                FINAL FANTASY XI Install Path = Not installed
                That may have something to do with it.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

I should rephrase my problem. I can't POL to work on my laptop. I installed it off the CD, updated and now all I get is the splash screen and then an empty window. I think its my driver. I might have to muck with it. I was just wondering if other people had the same issue.

Comment

I had that problem before. All i did to fix it was to re install the Playonline viewer of the CD. Then to update again.
                    "Leo used poop!

Comment

I tried that a couple of times. Either I keep getting a bad update or I have a different problem. Even happened on my desktop too? Right now I'm testing it on Vista. I was using XP before.

Comment

Are you using the Vista version of POL?
                        Ellipses on Fenrir
                        There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                        . . .

Comment

I am now. I was using my old POL disc to install on XP. So far the Vista download is working. Downloading (updating) as we speak (or type).

Sorry, I just realized it was a chipset driver. I thought I had the most up to date one.
                          In the end. I was able to get FFXI to run on my laptop, but only in Vista. Even then, it has lots of problems, but the game actually runs. In XP I'm still unable to open POL after the initial update. Perhaps an option to use an old version would be nice, I really just need to get to the game. I was able to get FFXI to work on my desktop and I think I'm going to call it quits there.

If anyone has a similar problem where POL just wont load after the inital update updating my chipset on my desktop is what helped there, but not on my laptop.

Good luck to anyone with similar problems.

Oh, I've downloaded POL several times incase it was a bad download. Maybe I'll try again later.
                          Last edited by labmonkey; 07-18-2008, 05:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                          X