3G, 4G, EV-DO and WiMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3G, 4G, EV-DO and WiMAX

Right now i have a 3G phone the Ocean by Helio. Friends and family are telling me to go with Tmobile, Sprint or Verizon because their PDA phones operate on the EV-DO network. The lil tests we've done mines the fastest. (this was tested on non-moble websites.)I pulled up DiV with all banners and pics in under 1 min my brothers iPhone pulled up DiV in around 4 mins while my moms blackberry took around 10 mins. This was also done in Minneapolis where all of us had 5 bars or signal.

Everyones always telling me how good their plans are and their service...i just can see it. I have a good plan $79.99 (i also get a $30 check from my job to pay for my bill because i yuse it as a work phone too) a month for a unlimited plan no other company can beat and so far a service no one can beat...i get signal in the black hole of cellular space i like to call my parents house and they get 1 bar of roaming.

What are your opinions on your mobile service. What network are you on and why do you like it.

WiMAX!!!! where is it? Samsung said they had a phone out with this capability in early 2005 but i can't find it in either the europe, us or asia markets. It looks like a promising investment but i'd like to read more about it but the Wiki page only gives so much and I'm not seeing any products...

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Re: 3G, 4G, EV-DO and WiMAX

My mobile service is great for making phone calls.
    I use a Mac because I'm just better than you are.

HTTP Error 418 - I'm A Teapot - The resulting entity body MAY be short and stout.

loose

Comment

I have TMobile and while the customer service is nice, I'm not too happy with the prices or signal strength. I'm changing carriers soon and was leaning towards Verizon because the organization I'm with uses it and calls to other Verizon members are free. I'm leaning towards getting a Venus...maybe....too many phones to choose from dang it! I always make hubby get my 2nd choice for a phone so I can play with his too. LOL
      Originally posted by Feba
      But I mean I do not mind a good looking man so long as I do not have to view his penis.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      God I hate my periods. You think passing a clot through a vagina is bad? Try it with a penis.
      Originally posted by DakAttack
      ...I'm shitting dicks out of my eyeballs in excitement for the next bestgreating game of all time ever.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGrandMom View Post
        I always make hubby get my 2nd choice for a phone so I can play with his too. LOL
        lol i always got my moms hand-me-downs when it came to cell phones.

Keeping Purgonorgo Isle clothing optional sine 2004

Comment

I use Verizon, and I'm pleased with how little trouble they give me. I have a Razr, not some fancy PDA for fancy businessmen and their fancy families.

Comment

I'm on Verizon, but I use an alternate WAP proxy for the intertubes on my phone.

The only issue I have with them is the way they handle text messages. If you go over 160 characters, other carriers will split that into multiple messages automatically. Verizon only does that in-network (in theory; I don't know anyone else on Verizon so I've never been able to test it). Otherwise they send the first 160, and then send you a text telling you they won't send the rest.

I'm sure that's not an issue for most people anyway. I text a lot, I'm a verbose bastard, and I refuse to abbreviate.
            Ellipses on Fenrir
            There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
            . . .

Comment

T-mobile in the UK is not too bad I am with them. I have a sony ericson 810I which suits me to the ground, has all teh features I want and a MP3 player for the gym as well as a 512mb card which came with teh phone. I was offered an upgrade, but declined it and instead took a 50% cost reduction on my contract. I now have 100minutes free to any phone/network and 250 free texts a month all for £10. I ahve not had a phone bill yet on this deal above £12 a month.

Comment

Working...
              X