This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer power issues

so my desktop computer was working this morning and i went and turned it off to rearrange my room. so i finally get a chance to put my computer in its new place and plug everything back in and i went and tried to turn it on and it wouldn't.

i'm wondering if this is a power supply issue or could it be a motherboard issue.

update
    ______

i replaced my power supply and i was curious as to why old power supply was broken so i popped the power supply open and was looking around as to why it wouldn't work other than the faint scent of burnt material. the capacitors in the power supply were leaking. 2 of the larger capacitors are fat and fargone and the tops of 2 of the smallers were discolored (should be metallic grey in color) and were bloated.

yay!
    Last edited by Sadeira; 01-21-2006, 04:51 PM.
    observe the splendor of ping pong balls!

Re: computer power issues

Ah, congratulations on fixing your own problem.

But say, perhaps you need better wattage?

Comment

Please make sure that the connectors inside your computer are not lose and that your power button did not get disconnected from the motherboard. You may want to try plugging in the power supply to another motherboard and see if it works; or plug another power supply to this mother board and see if the motherboard works.

This problem is kinda difficult to solve over a message board, and usually best found via trial and error.... unless you have the power supply testing tool.
      Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Ooh. That doesn't sound good. there has to be a reason why the capacitors burnt out in your power supply.
        ~~~BLM SAM RNG NIN PLD~~~

Comment

Working...
        X