Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone has some suggestion for a laptop to play FFXI smoothly??

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone has some suggestion for a laptop to play FFXI smoothly??

I plan to buy a laptop,does anyone has some suggestion to for a laptop that can handle FFXI???
    http://cbot.deviantart.com/
    Are you a casual gamer?Join my FFXIV group for casual gamers : http://member.square-enix.com/na/fan...op.php?gid=786

Re: Does anyone has some suggestion for a laptop to play FFXI smoothly??

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/prod...spx/inspn_xps2

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I use a 2-year-old Dell 8500 with a ghetto GeForce 4200go, and it runs ffxi in 16:10 widescreen at 1680x1050 like magic. Add a ps2 -> USB convertor and a Dual Shock 2, and you're kickin it in style. Wouldn't play any other way, and it's a dirt-cheap setup.
      I've used it exclusively since NA launch, as my desktop with a radion 9700pro doesn't compare. favorably at all. I need a new monitor >_<

--e

Comment

Glad this thread was made. lol

I've been thinking of getting a new laptop sometime early next year and I was wanting one that would be good enough to run FFXI.

I have it for PS2, but I would also like to take it with me if I decide to move around the house with wireless or something.

Are there any laptops with a Centrino processor that would be good enough to run it?

Comment

I'd also like to know any really good, Affordable, labtops that would work with FFXI.

Yay, Ty for this Eohmer~

Silentsteel - Taru of Awesomeness on Valefor

80 Whm, 86 Drg, 40 Sam, 37 Blm, 31 Smn, & lower as it goes down... I have way too much play time for no levels, lol.

Comment

any centrino laptop should be fine, just make sure it has a good video card (radeon or geforce 6xxx).

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

I found one on Toshiba's website you can customize.

You think these specs would be good enough?:

Intel Pentium M processor 760 (2.00Ghz, 2MB L2, 533 MHz) - Centrino
              Windows XP Professional (SP2)
              1024MB PC2700 DDR333 SDRAM
              15" Diagonal UXGA display (1600x1200)
              NVIDIA GeForce Go 6600 w/dedicated 128MB DDR SDRAM
              80GB HDD

I wanted a 100GB HDD, but 80GB was the largest one they had.

Costs about $1800 with rebate. I'll have the cash next year sometime.

Comment

yeah, that's more than fine.

Thanks Yyg!

Comment

Working...
                X