Geforce FX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geforce FX

i have a GeForce FX 5200 PCI 128 MB which is a pretty decent video card but my game looks pretty awful. are there any settings i may have overlooked that would fix my graphics?

Its actually not that great of a card, comparable to a geforce4 mx 440.

Comment

Originally posted by Sukune
      Its actually not that great of a card, comparable to a geforce4 mx 440.
      you forgot one insignificant detail (which doesn't affect ffxi anyway), it quasi-supports dx9:sweat:

------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

Re: Geforce FX

I have a GeForce FX 5500 256MB and it runs great, it is a nice card oh yeah PCI too, no AGP sadly
        I run FFXI bench v3 and Low res and break 3400 score Very Tough!
        And its a great card runs Doom 3 and Half Life and Fable and Titans Quest, ugh its a nice card
        If you want to upgrade I recomend it, BUT if your goiung to upgrade save for a little extra time so you can get a GeForce 6 Series PCI card, they require a minumum over usually 470w power suply and cost retail I think aroundf $80 so in my case or most PC's would require a higher power suply and they are cheap on ebay might cost another $60
        and this series card will run like a ATI Radeon 9700+(AGP) card would run
        its a tough decision but if you can get the money try upgrading to a GeForce 6 series

Intel Q6600 2.55ghz Quad Core CPU
        4 GB 5400 DDR2 RAM
        24" Asus & 22" Samsung LCDs
        Diamon Radeon HD 5770 1Gb DDR5 PCI-E Vid Card
        2.3TB HD Space
        850w PSU
        Custom Painted Armour Case w/ 7 case fans
        2 Neon Cold Cathodes

Custom painted orange Gaming Armour rig!
        http://yfrog.com/eopicture166hj

Comment

Don't forget that FF uses the processor alot, if you have a low end processor then you will get less detailed graphics.

Comment

I use the 5200FX, and it's really not a great card, but it handles FFXI just fine.

Comment

About the only thing I can think of to make the game look better at low resolutions w/o a big performance hit is registry tweaking.

You can match your screen resolution and your background resolution to make the game look better compared to running the background at 512x512

I just tested it out at 800x600 (screen resolution) and 800x600 (texture resolution) and it looked nearly as good as 1024x1024 texture resolution. I cant guarantee it will make the game look better and that it wont create its own gfx issues but its worth a try.

http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/forum.htm...16382834&num=3
              reg editing guide.

Now ill make a quick guide for editing the background resolution via regedit. (800x600 example)

Run: regedit

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PlayOnlineUS\SquareEnix\FinalFantasyXI
              *change base to deimal*
              0001: 800
              0002: 600
              0003: 800
              0004: 600

Its here is an example from my registry

Now remember this is not a magic bullet this could possibly cause more graphics problems then it fixes. And I am using a PCI Express Nvidia 6600 256mb(gigabyte silent pipe ver.) so im not sure how your video card will handle it.

(You can get some extra speed out of the game if you are playing at 1024x768 by using 1024x768 as your background resolution also and it does not hurt the graphics much)

Comment

im running FX5200 as well graphics ok here but im haveing a lag issue i cannot shake with processor of 2.76 its lag on my end can anyone tell me if i did not look at something to stop lag please help me out

Comment

Working...
                X