This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• --Benchmark Guide--

Okay. I'm getting sick of "Is my banchmark good?" posts, so here is the official writings of Square. This and the benchmark itself can be found at http://www.playonline.com/ff11win/wina2a.html. If you have further questions, please post them here. Also, please do not reply to this post unless you have a question (or a good addition to the information), or it will be deleted.

I know it isn't translated well, and some of it isn't even translated at all, but you can read it.

0-1500
    Regrettable, the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows is operated, it is expected it is the machine which is problem in the specifications.
    Although it has satisfied above necessary environment, when it becomes this score, please try adjusting the permanent station software and the like.
    When necessary environment has not been satisfied, " to the method which has the personal computer which has not filled up the specifications " in reference, please try thinking of the replacement and the like of the part.

1501-3000
    It is expected it is the machine which can operate the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows.
    When the occasion where the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows was moved frame rate and the like becomes matter of concern, whether setting of the game (resolution and the like and setting and the like of texture) you try modifying to try thinking, power rise of the machine of utilization (addition of main memory and exchange et cetera of the graphic board) are possible, the ‚µ‚ê‚Ü‚¹‚ñ.

In addition, the video card is above recommendation environment, if is, increasing the resolution of 1 time FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, we recommend also that you try moving.
    Depending upon the machine of utilization there is a possibility of operating low without resolution mode and great difference.

3001-4000
    It is expected it is the machine which can operate the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows comfortably.
    The video card is above recommendation environment, if is, 1 ranking increasing the resolution of the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows, it probably is to operate comfortably.

Expectation specifications (recommendation environment)
    [ CPU ]
    [ Main memory ]
    [ Graphic card ]

Or more of Pentium4
    Or more of 256MB
    Or more of ncVidia GeForce3 series

4001+
    It is expected it is the machine which most can operate the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows most comfortably. The video card is is above recommendation environment, it probably is to operate comfortably " the FINAL FANTASY XI for Windows with high resolution mode and the BumpMap as an on.

Expectation specifications
    [ CPU ]
    [ Main memory ]
    [ Graphic card ]

Or more of Pentium4 1.8g
    Or more of 256MB
    NcVidia GeForce4 Ti series
    Bah... prentend there's a pretty sig pic here.

The replies to this thread has been archived.

This thread has reached ridiculous levels in terms of length, so all replies previous to the time of this post has been archived here: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/sho...threadid=44940

Feel free to resume posting on this thread/provide updates. Thanks.
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

That benchmark site doesn't work for me. :/

Comment

Japanese Benchmark here.
        English Benchmark here.
        75 Mnk Sam | 70 Drk | 40 Blm | 37 Nin Rng Thf War
        Woodworking 91.9+2
        ZM:Complete CoP:Complete ToAU:27

Comment

Currently I got a 970 with my piece of crap video card. I think once I get a better one that should shoot up quite a bit hopefully.

Comment

Okay now I got a 1440. Is there anything else besides a video card that will substantially help me out? I was thinking of picking up some RAM but I'll see what you guys say.

Comment

Re: --Benchmark Guide--

Originally posted by mw21
              Okay now I got a 1440. Is there anything else besides a video card that will substantially help me out? I was thinking of picking up some RAM but I'll see what you guys say.
              I'll tell you 512 ram should be just fine for running ffxi. FFXI uses around 70mb ram on my setup and i've ran more than 1 acct at once on the same PC.

The game is more geared on CPU speed. So i would check there, as well as looking for a decent vid card... if i was to give u tip on which vid card, i dunno which ones are the best bang for the buck but 100 bucks should do you in.

Comment

Re: --Benchmark Guide--

Originally posted by Hearshot
                I'll tell you 512 ram should be just fine for running ffxi. FFXI uses around 70mb ram on my setup and i've ran more than 1 acct at once on the same PC.

The game is more geared on CPU speed. So i would check there, as well as looking for a decent vid card... if i was to give u tip on which vid card, i dunno which ones are the best bang for the buck but 100 bucks should do you in.
                I definitly agree it is geared toward CPU speed and the new PCI-xpress motherboards since you'll have this anyways if you have the new processors.

I have a x800xt and saw no improvements in score along with a new 1 gig kit of ram.

Specs: AMD XP 2500+ @ 2.3ghz w/ 230mhz (aka 460mhz) bus
                ATI AIW x800xt, 512mbx2 G.Skill Pc3200 DDR (2-2-2-11), and Abit NF7-S 2.0 (voltage&cooling mods).

No improvement in benchmark over the 9800XT I had. I will say my frame rate is more consistant in high populated areas.

Comment

Working...
                X