Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to tweak your WindowsXP gaming machine!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xavious
    the only thing this guy did is regurgitate alot of stuff from blkvipers site... and he didn't even do it well at that.

the guy having video problems... you're probably best off reformatting your HD and reinstalling XP.
    Really? Is that where I get my Info from? Please before you mouth off, get a life.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJChrono

why?
      http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/aperture-size/3.shtml

There is some info for you to digest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyoujin
        For the NFTS tweaks the data is entered as decimal, right? I'm petrified of screwing my registry so I'm not taking any guesses =P
        which one in specific?

Comment

Now I know this is off topic but can anyone tell me the name of that super computer PC that costs something stupid like $15,000....

I've been trying to think of the name for months and I just cant remember it. I'm sure its a surname of the builder or something.............. I'm sure one of you knows what i'm yapping on about.
          Keshin is back!

Comment

u mean the one with the four monitor canyon view?

Comment

I'm not sure.... I just remember being on the site. I think you could choose to have 6GB ram or something stupid like that....

ahh it dont matter. Its just been one of those things that have wrecked my head.
              Keshin is back!

Comment

6 GB of ram = rip off

That Super computer was cited as the biggest rip off and I believe was being sued for false advertising.

you could for 1/3 the amount of moeny make a computer with about the same preformance in games.

Comment

this place has really cool sounding comps though im sure anyone could build something similar for less than half the price (not including specialized xp and office

www.go-l.com

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
                  Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

What if i don't no what my catch is on My AMD ? Could i just say 128 because it is probably 256 i just got this computer for xmas
                    ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Flawlesscc
                      What if i don't no what my catch is on My AMD ? Could i just say 128 because it is probably 256 i just got this computer for xmas
                      just go to the amd site and check out the specs of that processor. if you don't know what processor you have, and want to know even more about your comp than just processor, get sisoftware sandra from tweaktown and it will tell you basically everything you need (except if you have generics or want to know something like fan type and psu, which cannot be recognized due to their "dumb" nature).

Help the admins be using the report function... and bug them on AIM till they pay attencion
                      Proud member of the Fire Division of Crystal Guardians.

Comment

Re: How to tweak your WindowsXP gaming machine!

Originally posted by aerobahn
                        6 GB of ram = rip off

That Super computer was cited as the biggest rip off and I believe was being sued for false advertising.

you could for 1/3 the amount of moeny make a computer with about the same preformance in games.
                        Totally, the Gateway 508GE is capable of supporting 8GB SDR-DDRAM and it's only $500-600 (with everything it has, one would think it's almost free, IMO). I have one right now, so I know.

Originally posted by Doppelganger
                        just go to the amd site and check out the specs of that processor. if you don't know what processor you have, and want to know even more about your comp than just processor, get sisoftware sandra from tweaktown and it will tell you basically everything you need (except if you have generics or want to know something like fan type and psu, which cannot be recognized due to their "dumb" nature).

Actually, even easier. Just download Belarc Advisor from belarc.com. It gives all the information, from motherboard serial-number, model number, to how much RAM the motherboard uses in each slot, their type, model/serial number, and maximum capacity, the processor-type/speed/cache, and even shows all the Windows updates you have as well as most programs you have and the latest versions.

Comment

Working...
                        X