Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some content being served through Amazon Cloudfront - Report Problems

Hello!
    I would like to announce that some static contents of the site are being served from S3 -> Cloudfront. Over the weekend I have been copying some redundant files and making changes so that files are being distributed across the net through CDN service (content delivery network). This should in effect make site loading alot quicker across the world (Europe gets the files from local European server, Japan gets files from Japanese servers, us west from us west, us east from us east).

The caching has also been enabled on the server for possible quicker data distribution, but there maybe unforeseen problems. Please report any issues so we can stamp it away asap. Thanks!

There maybe possible hardware upgrade/replacement to the main webserver as we investigate further about some hanging issues.

-PiNG

Re: Some content being served through Amazon Cloudfront - Report Problems

Quick explanation -

Before:

After:
    Attached Files

Comment

The important thing for all of us right now is WHAT THE FUCK HONG KONG, I MEAN HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T EVEN SEE YOU COME IN.

ARE YOU A NINJA.

Comment

Formatting for the whole site has gone wonky for me, from the banner at the top to all the threads.

There are no more buttons for "Reply With Quote," "Quick reply to this message," or "thanks" -- now there are only links & they kind of run together.

None of the buttons for formatting text within a message seem normal either -- Align, Underline, Link, Quote, Font formatting, Indents, Insert/remove link, etc... - everything is in the form of a link & everything is running together (at least in quick reply mode). ' ETA: Buttons aren't appearing in regular posting mode (as opposed to "Quick Reply&quot either. As I look at what I wrote and am now editing, it looks like quotation mark & line breaks are coming up wonky (at least in the editable text - even if it doesn't look that way when the post is completed). ETA2: Punctuation marks are not all coming up normal on the finished posts now. ETA3: Now hitting "enter" isn't keeping lines of text separated once the text is posted. This is really annoying.
        Last edited by NightShayde; 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Looks like an extra step was thrown into the mix. Now, instead of getting it directly from the source, we it from a local server that gets it directly from the source.

Comment

Some of the threads load ridiculously slow, and when I'm posting in some threads, it takes eons to actually post and then the server somehow thinks I'm attempting to post the same thing twice.

Things have been a bit wonky, but it's intermittent.
            sigpic
            ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
            ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
            ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
            ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
              Some of the threads load ridiculously slow, and when I'm posting in some threads, it takes eons to actually post and then the server somehow thinks I'm attempting to post the same thing twice.
              I have seen that happen twice the entire time I have been here. The second time happened yesterday (Or was it the day before?) I believe. But the loading forever... Never had that happen, unless the site is down for some reason.

Comment

I should add, it always happens that way with the Official Bored at Work/(etc) thread. Every time I post in that thread, it takes a while to load, then takes me to the "post reply" page with a message saying I can only post one message every 30 seconds, as though I were trying to post the same thing twice in a row.

The other threads don't do that. Just that one.
                sigpic

Comment

Any problems as a result of the cloud are likely going to be regional, depending on where in the cloud you're connecting to get your content.
                  lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

ok, ill look into it further and switch back, the entire test was to see if there was gonna be any upside to it, and trying to see the cause of sever haning lately.. I'll be switching at least the CSS back so that it serves directly.

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:53 PM ----------

the only thing be served by CDN was just images mostly. the double posting problem is a different issue altogether, I'll check that also

Comment

Honestly my recommendation would be to chop off the bored at work thread and start a V2. I've been on a few other forums that had to chop their huge threads at a certain number of posts and open new ones, I guess the OMFGHEUG threads cause a lot of problems.

I'm not sure that's causing all of the server hang/lag, but at least with that one thread, it could fix issues if others are also having them. If it's just me, then FFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

EDIT: Thankies PiNG!
                      sigpic

Comment

np, sorry about the laggy experiences, ill be sure to have it fixed. does the double posting happen only on that thread? I'll be moving over the crucial CSS files back into main server in an hour, currently I'm not next to a computer to really work at it

Comment

It seems to be only that thread.
                          sigpic

Comment

Stuff is still looking weird here (in Southern California). The problems with formatting haven't been resolved.

In regards to long threads... another vBulletin-based board I post on regularly caps each thread at 1000 posts. It seems to work well, at least over there.

Comment

Boooo - everything is still wonky.

Comment

Working...
                              X