Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Development Team Interview Questions.... Answers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Development Team Interview Questions.... Answers.

Originally posted by Rieul View Post
    Can I be there when your front-line RDM Converts? plz?
    I do it all the time.

Comment

Seriously. Lern2Stoneskin.

Comment

I'm sorry, but those questions just sucked.
        I know everyone will say "well the questions came from the forums" but I'll respond with "well then the questions you selected from the forums sucked."
        Last edited by Pious; 11-19-2007, 06:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pious View Post
          I know everyone will say "well the questions came from the forums" but I'll respond with "well then the questions you selected from the forums sucked."
          Which ones did you submit?

You didn't?

Too bad.
          "I have a forebrain, my ability to abstract thoughts allow for all kinds of things" - Red Mage 8-Bit theater

Comment

Then what questions would you have posted that you believe would be better?
            Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Get over it.

People have been taking this whole Q&A opportunity too seriously. This wasn't an opportunity to interview a nobel peace prize winner. This wasn't an opportunity to grill a potential presidential candidate.

It was an interview about a game. We play the game because it interests us. And we ask questions that interest us. The majority of us didn't care if the questions were deep and meaningful. They concerned aspects of the game that are important to us, so we voted for those particular questions to be asked.
              Lyonheart
              lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
              Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
              Fishing 60

Lakiskline
              Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
              Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
              Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
              Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

But vague bitchery after the fact is extremely helpful and useful now that we all have time machines.

This November, I am thankful for smug superiority that only surfaces once it's too late anyway.
                Ellipses on Fenrir
                There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Richie View Post
                  Also, people don't read comments any more.
                  This is a problem, but the more people use them, the more people are going to have reason to look. The comments are definitely too small given the length of a lot of autotranslator phrases, and while JP seekers can make use of Kanji to compress their messages, that doesn't really work well for English.

I'm kind of tempted to start putting a 'password' in my search comment when I'm seeking on a more popular job, and demand that from party leaders.
                  Kumei, pickpocket of Midgardsormr(Bastok Rank 10)
                  DRK99,DNC91,THF90
                  Alchemy 72, Smithing 51, Goldsmithing 48, Leathercraft 23, Fishing 20
                  Koren, San d'Orian Adv.(Rank 10)
                  WHM95,BLM90,SMN85,RDM82,SCH49
                  Woodworking 29,Cooking 20
                  All celestials(Trial-Size), Fenrir, Diabolos, Alexander, Odin
                  Myrna, Windurstian Merchant
                  Clothcraft 24
                  Nyamohrreh, Windurstian Adv.(Rank 6)
                  BST90,WHM56,DNC45

Comment

Originally posted by Lunaryn View Post
                    This is a problem, but the more people use them, the more people are going to have reason to look. The comments are definitely too small given the length of a lot of autotranslator phrases, and while JP seekers can make use of Kanji to compress their messages, that doesn't really work well for English.

I'm kind of tempted to start putting a 'password' in my search comment when I'm seeking on a more popular job, and demand that from party leaders.
                    Yeah my comment is usually something like this
                    ----------------------------------------

No room for "Hey I also got a lvl50 warrior but I'm geared for tanking not DD so invite me if you need a tank but I won't do so well as a DD. I'm also willing to do whm but it will take some time to put the gear together, thanks!"

I'm really looking forward to a 3rd party tool like the one you were talking about. It would be great if you could get sites to post a LFP list on their page like they post vana'navi. And maybe even have some far off party warning like "starting party saturday @3pst @pld war thf, healer {Can I have it?}"

Comment

And maybe even have some far off party warning like "starting party saturday @3pst @pld war thf, healer {Can I have it?}"
                      lol?
                      ------------------------------------------
                      Originally posted by LyonheartLakshmi View Post
                      Get over it.

People have been taking this whole Q&A opportunity too seriously. This wasn't an opportunity to interview a nobel peace prize winner. This wasn't an opportunity to grill a potential presidential candidate.

It was an interview about a game. We play the game because it interests us. And we ask questions that interest us. The majority of us didn't care if the questions were deep and meaningful. They concerned aspects of the game that are important to us, so we voted for those particular questions to be asked.
                      To add up on that, i kind of found the interviews to be slightly dissappointing on SE's part. They also seemed a little grumpy during the interview. I'm interested to know what the interviewers thought about the interview?
                      Last edited by Arctic Wolf; 11-19-2007, 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Ellipses View Post
                        But vague bitchery after the fact is extremely helpful and useful now that we all have time machines.

This November, I am thankful for smug superiority that only surfaces once it's too late anyway.
                        Sometimes I you so much it's painful. I just don't say it very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                          Sometimes I you so much it's painful. I just don't say it very often.
                          That's why it means so much when you do.
                          Ellipses on Fenrir
                          There is no rush. If you're not willing to take your time, don't be surprised when no one wants to give you much of theirs.
                          . . .

Comment

Yeah my comment is usually something like this
                            ----------------------------------------

No room for "Hey I also got a lvl50 warrior but I'm geared for tanking not DD so invite me if you need a tank but I won't do so well as a DD. I'm also willing to do whm but it will take some time to put the gear together, thanks!"
                            To get this idea across to SE, we may need to explain it to them in Japanese... culturally, that is.

"Because Japanese is inherently more compact than English, even more so once kanji come into play, the amount of information that can be conveyed in an English comment is far less. While a search comment written in Japanese in the space provided could contain the equivalent of a tanka plus a haiku, if written in English you could really only fit the haiku." -- Pteryx

Comment

There were some problems with the questions asked (and not asked), the follow up questions could've been better, and some of the answers are not clear... BUT, am I the only one who's just happy S-E answered our questions, at last?

Plus, with the update and their public statement at the fan festival, I gain faith that S-E has been attentive to the players--even non-Japanese ones. The little issues we can be worked out before the next Q&A; they are minor issues in face of overwhelming proof that S-E cares.

Huge thanks to AKosygin & company for doing this. I know I've been one of the most vocal critic (and pain in the neck) before you guys went off to talk to S-E, but I want you to know that I'm very, very thankful for all your efforts. /bow
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Actual Discussion has been moved to here, please reply to this thread instead: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/fes...s-answers.html
                                Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X