Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Development Team Interview Questions.... Answers.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Development Team Interview Questions.... Answers.

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
    Who really wants that? I've not seen talk about this anywhere but the DiV forums.
    I want it. And it's not because I read about it on some post in DiV forums. I want it because it would help me enjoy playing the game more.

You don't want the feature? That's fine. But no need to discount everyone else's opinion as meaningless just because you don't agree.
    Lyonheart
    lvl 75 WAR, 75 BST, 75 BLM, 75 NIN, 47 SCH
    Cooking 100.0+3+3, Culinarian's Signboard, Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Patissier
    Fishing 60

Lakiskline
    Bonecrafting 100.0+3+3,
    Leather 60+2, Woodworking 60, Alchemy 60
    Smithing 60, Clothcraft 55, Goldsmithing 54.1, Cooking 11
    Boneworker's Signboard, Bone Purification, Bone Ensorcellment, Filing, Lumberjack, Chainwork

Comment

Originally posted by Omgwtfbbqkitten View Post
      It won't happen. RDM is far too entrenched in their role as a caster to make an effective melee. If they're too entrenched in melee, they're not fulfilling the role they were invited for. This is why "frontline" spells for RDM will fail.
      First off, upon what grounds do you assume every single party that invites a Red Mage does it for that exact same reason?

Statistically, such an assumption applied to the entire playerbase is rather presumptuous, no matter how many parties it's actually a true assumption for.

Second off, I belive that's exactly what Square Enix intends to fix, as they stated at the festival.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
        First off, upon what grounds do you assume every single party that invites a Red Mage does it for that exact same reason?
        What do you invite Red Mages for? If it's for dancing, then I have some bad news for you.

Comment

Statistically, such an assumption applied to the entire playerbase is rather presumptuous, no matter how many parties it's actually a true assumption for.
          Second off, I belive that's exactly what Square Enix intends to fix, as they stated at the festival.
          I'm not sure what level you've gotten to yet, but from 32 to 48 the casting habits of a rdm ramp up from pretty loose to nigh-frantic. Maintaining full cycles of Refresh and Haste along with Dispels and debuffs is a full time job in itself. Toss main healing on top of that, especially if there's status effects involved, and you're lucky to have time to scratch your nose much less skewer a mob. In a meripo type situation with a whm where main healing, debuffing and a full cycle of Hastes isn't necessary, I'd pretty much just be there for Dispel, Refresh and maybe Gravity. In that case the party would really be better off leaving dispels to the bard and inviting a full-fledged DD in my place. To make that not true they would have to boost rdm's melee ability so much as to rival a pld's or at least 80% of a war or sam's output (4 Hastes worth of increase in damage), which I feel would be so generous a buff to us as to be a travesty to other jobs.

That's barring us getting some kind of support-type WS along the lines of Shield Break to allow our parties to benefit from our melee in ways other than our raw damage. That's a possibility.
          lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post
            What do you invite Red Mages for? If it's for dancing, then I have some bad news for you.
            Dak misses the Point.

Edit: 'bbq stated that if a Red Mage isn't doing this and that, they aren't doing the role they're invited for. How on Vana'diel would he know what every single Red Mage is invited in to a party for?

Even if his statement was true for the vast majority, it's statistically impossible to say for certain that applies across the board for every single Red Mage for every single one of their invites. I'm pretty sure Callisto and others would agree.

The Point gains the effect of Evasion Down
            Last edited by Yellow Mage; 11-18-2007, 12:44 PM.
            Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
            GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.

Comment

So you're saying that because there's an incredibly small minority that doesn't get invited for Refresh/Haste, BBQ's point is less valid? The community is concerned with how the majority if affected, not the privileged minorities.

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                So you're saying that because there's an incredibly small minority that doesn't get invited for Refresh/Haste, BBQ's point is less valid? The community is concerned with how the majority if affected, not the privileged minorities.
                Melee RDMs: a privileged minority?

Comment

Originally posted by Armando View Post
                  orz

EDIT:

The Point was defeated by Armando.
                  Last edited by Yellow Mage; 11-18-2007, 02:05 PM.
                  GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

Comment

I'm never gonna find out their PS2 plans, huh?

Still, honest mistake. <-<;

Comment

orz

EDIT:

The Point was defeated by Armando.
                      The post was cooler before you spelled it out.
                      I wasn't disagreeing with what he said, I just thought the choice of words was funny.

Comment

Honesly, i just wish they gave us more room for our search comment and more predefine auto-translation for party roles to use there. As in what we'd like to do, what we can do, and what we don't want to do, areas we want to go to and areas we refuse to go to. Enough space to do that so the point gets across. Hell -.-; i still get invites from a pty leader in mire when my /seacom obviously states {cearadvra mire}={no thanks}.
                        Adventures of Akashimo Hakubi & Nekoai Nanashi

Comment

I guess it's time I start showing up to work so that I can afford FFXI..
                          The Tao of Ren
                          FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
                          Originally posted by Kaeko
                          As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

Also, people don't read comments any more.

Comment

Originally posted by Feba View Post
                              SA: Actually, would you happen to know if anyone took logs of what was being said in Japanese too? Could be hell for SE if someone bilingual found errors in the translation, since they'd actually have pressure to give a straight answer.
                              Well......

Originally posted by HINT
                              **(FFXIOnline.com Staff Note: The recording did not come out well on this part due to background noise
                              Any moderators speak Japanese?
                              Signature was intentionally left blank.

Comment

Can I be there when your front-line RDM Converts? plz?

Comment

Working...
                                X