Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regarding: February's "Ask SquareEnix" Submission.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding: February's "Ask SquareEnix" Submission.

I was totally wrong. I made a mistake and I apologize.

I received a response from SE in less than 2 days, this is good news. The bad news is, due to my enthusiasm, I jumped the gun. While the questions are not answered, yet, I have not [properly] completed the arrangements with SE to complete the Q&A feedback process.

They acknowledge receiving the questions and it is held at the moment. However, as I have said, the way for the questions to make it to the appropriate people and back isn't complete and we are still in the middle of ironing it out. As I have mentioned elsewhere, I would rather that they take the time and come up with the appropriate response from the appropriate source rather than have a rushed incorrect or improper response. As such, I don't want to pressure them for time, as such, I apologize to everyone out there, and ask that you all be patient with the questions submitted. (It will not be discarded.)

This is of no fault of SquareEnix, it is me jumping the gun, and I ask for your (you the visitors and SE) pardon in this matter. I will keep you all appraised and updated on any additional news or details, in the mean time, please feel free to continue to post in the "Ask SquareEnix" section and your questions will be noted.

Thank you for your understanding,
    AKosygin
    FFXIOnline.com Moderation and Administration Team
    Signature was intentionally left blank.

Re: Regarding: February's "Ask SquareEnix" Submission.

Hasn't it been a month since S-E agreed to answer questions from premiere sites' admins? How much more "ironing it out" do they need just to distribute questions and gather answers? /poke 'em, I say, and /poke 'em firmly.

If they're still fudging, tell them this is the process they need:

Actors:
    Handler (one and only one person!): The job is to make sure the questions get vetted, translated, distributed, looked at, answered, collected and bundle results, etc. i.e. Make sure the Q's get moved smoothly through the process, and nag anyone who's obstructing the flow. Also, provide draft "known" answers so other people don't get bogged down with unnecessary questions.

This is the most important job--this person make sure no one sits on any question for a week or something.

Translator: Involved in three stages: Translate the questions, provide cultural perspective consultation to people who answer questions, and translate answers.

Community Relation Manager (CRM): Veto and/or revise answers. May answer some questions himself. Take questions from us, and give us bundled answers, soften up Premiere Sites' admins, etc.

Dev Representative: Answer technical questions--or at least give them to the right people.

Misc. managers: Usually, just to glance at the Q&A's. May be assigned an odd question or two to answer. Main job is to make sure inappropriate (to their each position's perspective) information doesn't accidentally leak out.

Process:

Take questions, express appreciation to fans (CRM)
    -> Hand off to Handler
    -> Filter out bad questions (Handler)
    -> Translate questions (Translator)
    -> Distribute questions (Handler)
    -> Answer questions (various actors, incl. Dev Rep. and CRM, with hand-holding from Handler and Translator)
    -> Compile preliminary answers (Handler)
    -> Translate answers (Translator)
    -> Approval "committee" (CRM + misc. managers + Dev Rep. + Translator)
    -> Compile final answers (Hander)
    -> Translate any changes (Translator)
    -> Final approval/filter (CRM)
    -> Toss answers to eagerly waiting fans, smile (CRM)

Or, to sum it up: Don't overload the Community Relation Manager(s), but need to appoint someone (and ONLY one person) to make sure the damn questions keeps moving in the process.

(Availability of Translator is the real technical bottleneck in the process, BTW; most causes for delay are just normal (lack of) response to "extra junk" when busy human beings are involved.)
    Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
    yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
    Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
    leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
    X