Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Seeking Game Masters: French/English and German/English Speakers (01/18/2007)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Game Masters: French/English and German/English Speakers (01/18/2007)

Seeking Game Masters: French/English and German/English Speakers (01/18/2007)

Have you ever wanted to work for a cutting-edge entertainment company or wanted to be a Game Master to assist MMO players with in-game issues? Now is your chance!

Square Enix Inc. is looking to hire some FINAL FANTASY XI players to provide Game Master support for our North American, British, French and German players. We are looking for candidates who are fluent in English/French or English/German. To qualify for the position, you MUST be fluent (both written and verbal) in either French or German, live in the Los Angeles region, and have customer service experience and a love of video games.

If you qualify and are interested in this position, please contact our hiring agency, Wired Talent at 866-57-WIRED. Point of contact will be Chris Washa. You can also email him at eugmjobs@square-enix-usa.com. Hope to see you on board soon!
    ===============

Dont know if this was posted but...does this mean EU is finally getting some love..? probably too far to think that...

Re: Seeking Game Masters: French/English and German/English Speakers (01/18/2007)

They posted something similar in the past. Believe the question back then was why not recruit people from the countries concerned as S-E have offices there also. Also raises the question as to when are these GMs likely to be on if they live in LA? Considering the West Coast is ten hours behind CET.

Comment

Re: Seeking Game Masters: French/English and German/English Speakers (01/18/2007)

Arent you supposed to be based in South Cali for these jobs?

Oh hehe didnt see the rest of the article....

Comment

Download...

How do I download this? I've been at it for 5 minutes!!!

Comment

talk about a Cush Cush job. What you stuck, thats to bad, bring a warp scroll next time. What they stole your mob. Thats to bad young one. What he just called you aracial slure, an is going to gut your mother. Thats to bad, Blacklist them.

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

That's what the Blacklist system is for. If GMs wasted their time consoling every person with some bruised feelings because someone said something mean to them in a game where they can just blacklist the person, then they'd never have any time to do the few things that they do do.

I've never seen or heard of a GM telling someone to suck it up when they get stuck.

And if you don't have claim on the mob, it's not yours. QQ

Comment

Damn it if they told me I needed French when I grew up I would of payed attention in those stupid French classes... err probably not XP. Anyways i don't live in the LA area.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                That's what the Blacklist system is for. If GMs wasted their time consoling every person with some bruised feelings because someone said something mean to them in a game where they can just blacklist the person, then they'd never have any time to do the few things that they do do.
                I've never seen or heard of a GM telling someone to suck it up when they get stuck.
                And if you don't have claim on the mob, it's not yours. QQ
                I got stuck twice. The first time was in Oldtown, An the GM gave me a long lecture on the importance of carring a warp scroll with me. I kindly stated im a nin i dont need warp scrolls. The second time was in Dyn windy, I fell off the bridge an the Gm told me to drop my glass, or just stick it out in the water So when i complained he managed to find a spot near the area with the most mobs to drop me down. Not in all the empty space we had just cleared.

As for the blacklist, To bad its constantly being emptied an refilled. But seriously whens it a good time to actually inforce the ToS.

"And if you don't have claim on the mob, it's not yours." Ohh really then why did i get in trouble for having my LS hold all the mobs in a zone?? Why did i get thrown in jail for holding all the eyes in Kings tomb ???

Nin75, Bst75. Drk61, War61, Rdm40, All other jobs are 37. All 3 starting city missions completed. All Zilart missions completed. All CoP missions completed. TouA completed.

Comment

Because you were greifing, not killing.
                  Last edited by Murphie; 01-21-2007, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Because you were greifing, not killing.
                    Ohh well then you would be refering to the ToS now wouldnt you. An doesnt the ToS have rules an conduct for ingame harrassment?? So why claim ToS one comment, An totally deny it the next?

And if you don't have claim on the mob, it's not yours..
                    An well when they got there the mobs were yellow (free game), An this game is revolved around doing things with 6-12-18-32-48-64 people, An suffering thru crappy drop rates. An i cant help it if we held on to the mobs for awhile til a certain mob spawned..

Comment

Clearly you've got a personal beef with the GMs because you have been misunderstood or something. But most people don't think the GMs are out to get them.

Comment

Nope i dont think they are out to get me. I just had alot of Gms talk to me at the wrong time..

Comment

So what does any of this have to do with a GM Job Posting? Your problems with them are not typical. I'm not saying that they are perfect (far from it), but the accusations that you're making don't really hold up.

Comment

So what does any of this have to do with a GM Job Posting? Your problems with them are not typical. I'm not saying that they are perfect (far from it), but the accusations that you're making don't really hold up.
                            Well whats a GM actually done besides hit a macro, scroll back an changed a players name.. Call a GM with the same problem every other day, I bet more then half the convos will sound very similar, If not actually the same.

Like i first stated, I think its a cush cush job.

Comment

I dunno. Having to argue everyday, all day long, with players who "hold all the mobs in a zone" and do other disruptive things doesn't sound very fun. I'd spam canned sentences at them, too, since it's so repetitive.

This hardly a cushy dream job...
                              Bamboo shadows sweep the stars,
                              yet not a mote of dust is stirred;
                              Moonlight pierces the depths of the pond,
                              leaving no trace in the water.

- Mugaku

Comment

Working...
                              X