Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINAL FANTASY VII: Advent Children English Voice Cast and Release Date Announced!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advent Children dubs

yes, its rather ridiculous.
    blame stupid people for not liking to read.

Comment

Originally posted by Impaction

The voices were perfect in Japanese, but in English it was pretty bad.
      FINALLY someone clever!
      My friends keep saying "Val, the english version is way better than the japanese one, i can't stand a Cloud talking in japanese"

But when i ask them "have you ever watched it in japanese?"
      The answer is "No because i would not understand it"
      And what about watching something because you like it?
      I watched this movie over 50 times since it came out, 14 september 2005, and i would not stand an english or italian translation.
      Signature, ah!

Comment

The English version is fine. And SE did what they can. This is going to be a Sub vs. Dub flame, I just know it.

Shilly Shally Dilly Dally, is basically the same way of saying dragging. Dilly Dallying is a phrase from WAY back when to describe wasting time or being slow. So hence, it actually fits. I can't understand Japanese, and I can appreciate both versions. Each have their ups and downs. The Japanese version isn't so perfect that it should be held in an ultimate accord.

The English version, to someone who never saw the Japanese version, makes perfect sense. I was explaining the Japanese version to my friends while we were watching, and it was too much work.

Take it for what it is. . . A decent attempt at expanding fan-base.
        The Tao of Ren
        FFXIV LowRes Benchmark - 5011

If we don't like something, collectively, if our hatred for it throbs like an abscess beneath every thread, does that mean that they're doing something right?
        Originally posted by Kaeko
        As hard as it may be, don't take this game or your characters too seriously. I promise you - the guys that really own your account don't.

Comment

I think just saying "Drag, drag, drag, drag...." would have sounded better and made more sense. Last I heard dilly dally meant to amble rather than drag something heavy behind you. I think once you watch the Japanese version you'll like it a lot better.

Comment

This thread has been merged with one of the 5,000 existing Advent Children threads. (Mine, 'cuz I'm awesome and I said so.)
            PSN ID - PaiPai Gamertag - PaiPaiMaster Steam ID: Pai Pai Master
            Rockman - Fairy

WAR75/SMN75/PLD68/NIN37/THF37/SAM37/WHM41
            WIN8-1/ZM (Clear)/PM (Clear)/AM (Clear)/WotG3/ACP1
            Currently Playing:
            FINAL FANTASY XIII, Starcraft 2 Beta

Comment

Uses <Provoke> on Forums

Ok, maybe I'm the only one with this opinion of Advent Children but as a movie it was just lame. Granted Squenix did a great job with the visuals. It looks great and if this were a dvd of a cutscenes from a game then I would recommend it. I found myself laughing at this movie more than anything. The whole Bahamut fight went from cool to retarded very quickly and the rapid cut shots they did over and over and over again made me want to puke. The whole bit of all Cloud's friends hurling him up in the sky made my friend walk out of the room he was laughing so hard. Definately a 1 out 5 stars overall. The only reason it gets a 1 is because it is a beautiful movie to look at.

I will re-watch it in japanese. But from what you are saying it doesn't sound like anything will improve. The story is bleh anyway and the little tidbits of dialogue I imagine aren't going to improve things much more. Let's just rename this movie Random Nausceous Fight Scene Fan Boy Flick Volume 1.
              Last edited by rudeboypneb; 04-30-2006, 06:29 AM.

Take The Quiz Yourself!

Comment

Working...
              X