Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FFXIV ARR Opening Cinematic (The January 7th Surprise)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FFXIV ARR Opening Cinematic (The January 7th Surprise)

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: Opening Cinematic (The "surprise" on Jan 7th)

In case other people think they've seen this video before (back in November), this one is the same thing, but with 2 additional minutes, so still worth a second look.

Comment

Re: FFXIV ARR Opening Cinematic (The January 7th Surprise)

2:42

Goblins » Archive » 02/01/2011

Coincidence? I think not!!!

Goblins » Archive » 02/04/2011

You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be misqouted and then used against you.

I don't have a big ego, it just has a large mouth.

Comment

...Did Yyg really double post this?

..........In two separate threads that he started?

FOR SHAME.

Also, the chocobo stomping into the puddle scared me and reminded me of the FF:Tactics opening.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah, made me jump a little lol.
          signatures are for pussies mew mew mew, here's mine

Comment

wait...

so they get teleported (?) into the future (?) 5 years (?) and the paladin (who is still worthless, j/k) says something, and the black mage is "scouting around" (cause that's smart) and is like "hey guys look at this!" and they all go to that cliff and then their like. "WELL LET'S CALL OUR ARMORED UP CHOCOBO'S WHO HAVE BEEN CHILLIN IN THESE WOODS FOR 5 YEARS WAITING ON US"
            and they ride off into adventure?

These young wipper snappers have no idea what things were like just TRYING to get a chocobo liscense back in the day.... makes me sad.

Like... ...meh, whatever, trail left me a bit confused, hopefully that get's cleared up in the initial release
            I personally can't wait for BETA, because Alpha felt fucking amazing. I was litterly ear-to-ear grinning when little things in the alpha made me realize just how much better Yoshi seems to understand the current video game trends, yet staying true to the fantasy of the FF series.

Comment

Same.

Also: Hush Etra.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

lol i particularly like how the chocobos were just 'chilling' for x amount of time in the woods. I would've thought bahmaunt would've destroyed them. I'm glad the mithra girl and that silver tongue hume is alive though lol

Comment

plus it's already been posted in the beta thread Hayde made, prior to this and the other 1 - lock threads?
                  sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

Since it doesn't appear to be clear:

Bahamut was released and began world destruction. Unable to stop him, the old mage sends the group of adventurers backwards into the past. There, they'll have another shot at preventing Bahamut's release.

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post

Bahamut was released and began world destruction. Unable to stop him, the old mage sends the group of adventurers backwards into the past. There, they'll have another shot at preventing Bahamut's release.
                      ........lol

Now, let's recap what really happened. Meteor came down onto the planet and apparently Bahamut was imprisoned in it. Whats-his-face, sends the adventurers into the FUTURE after Bahamut ravaged the planet.
                      sigpic

Comment

I thought it was the future . . .. that's what the crystal tower is all about . .right?

Comment

Originally posted by DakAttack View Post

they are teleported to the future.... that is why the world is all different -.- although 5 years does not seem like much, but that is the time laps from first part to second part of trailer
                          -------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Kain (FFIV): I am aware of my actions, but can do nothing about them.

Comment

They all go to different places lol. You mean merge threads.

Comment

It doesn't make any sense that the world would look like that after only five years, that Bahamut would just go home, and everything would look pristine again. Where are you guys getting this number, anyways?

Comment

Working...
                              X