Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About damn time...

Battle Balance Adjustment: TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill

Since increasing the level cap to 99, we have been making systematic adjustments to jobs, battles and various other parameters.

The reason being that since our original plan was to maintain the level cap at 75, it was necessary to make adjustments to allow continued growth up to level 99 and to be able to add other types of new content.

We plan on addressing the following three issues with the next round of adjustments.

- Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    We will be removing the instances of enfeebling magic not taking effect on monsters and HNMs that have resistance to specific elements. A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.
    ※Spells will not take effect every time and spells may still be resisted if your enfeebling skill is low. Monsters with high resistance will be enfeebled for a shorter amount of time.

- Cure Potency

Cure potency will be affected more significantly by healing magic skill. If a player has high healing magic skill, cure potency will be greatly increased, but low healing magic skill will have almost no effect on cure potency. The effect of skill level on cure potency will vary based on the type of cure, but cures lower than Cure V will be affected the most. Note that Curaga, Cura and Waltzes will not be affected.

*Cure I-IV: Up to 1.4 times the normal cure potency
    *Cure V-VI: Almost no change

With this adjustment combined with the increase of cure potency mentioned earlier, we would like to increase opportunities for mages jobs other than white mage to serve as healers.

- TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill

We will be adjusting the specs of save TP so that it serves as the minimum possible TP amount gained through using a weaponskill. In other words, the greater the amount of TP gained through the weaponskill and the save TP value itself will be the actual TP gained.

For example:

*Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 25: 25TP
    *Save TP value is 20, TP gained through the weaponskill is 15: 20TP
    *Save TP value is 20, weaponskill misses: 20TP

The TP gained after using a weaponskill will be more stable, but there will be fewer instances where players gain a very large amount of TP through one weaponskill. Also, with the adjustments to save TP, samurai’s job ability Hagakure’s save TP effects will be increased.

We would like the discussion in this thread focus on “TP Gained through Use of a Weaponskill” exclusively.

For the other two topics, please refer to the following threads:

Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    Battle Balance Adjustment: Resistance to Enfeebling Magic
    Cure Potency
    Battle Balance Adjustment: Cure Potency

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
    99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
    99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Re: About damn time...

Is this only on the forums or what?

I can't find the source for this on the main website.
    sigpic

"BLAH BLAH BLAH TIDAL WAVE!!!"

Comment

They don't post shit on the main site anymore. Official Forums ONRY!

This is sad/underwhelming aside from the cure formula stuff.
      Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
      Name: Drjones
      Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

right, because the enfeebling change doesn't totally shake up the meta game or anything.

sigpic

Comment

Immunities are still there. I expect we'll be able to land blind or poison on something we weren't able to before, but largely nothing will change. This is SE we're talking about here.

Comment

Based on the text in red, I'm assuming that HNMs will now resist enfeebles down to a duration of one second or less rather than simply not allowing them to land.
            lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
              Immunities are still there. I expect we'll be able to land blind or poison on something we weren't able to before, but largely nothing will change. This is SE we're talking about here.

Yeah, on a select few enemies.

I still wouldn't expect too much from these guys, but at least it's a step.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Malacite View Post
                Yeah, on a select few enemies.
                Read: Notorious Monsters.

Taskmage knows what's up.

Comment

So basically, enfeebling magic skill and/or MND/Int still has no real bearing on whether or not your enfeebles land and/or stick on an NM, and shit players with awful gear can get lucky with an ultra-proc paralyze that lands on the regular, while people who've fully geared themselves to enfeeble still need Elemental Seal to stick them with any regularity?

What's changed, exactly?

WTB "Enfeebling Seal", for all of your "I don't want to fucking sub BLM so that I can get one goddamn spell to stick" needs.

But yet ... why do I care?
                  sigpic
                  ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                  ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                  ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                  ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Originally posted by Aksannyi View Post
                    But yet ... why do I care?
                    Because you're a Red Mage. Duh.

Comment

I was. Key word. But yes, when I was, I cared very much. I suppose the question is why do I still care.
                      sigpic
                      ~Aksannyi~~Hades~~75WHM~75RDM~75BLM~75SMN~73WAR~67SCH~47BRD~
                      ~Mama Gamer~~Quitted July 2009/Bannt October 2009~~Excellence LS~
                      ~I has a blog~~http://aksannyi.livejournal.com/~
                      ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~ ~~

Comment

Because deep down you're still a Red Mage even after you've left the game? I dunno. The answer is probably philosophy.

Comment

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
                          Read: Notorious Monsters.

Taskmage knows what's up.

A very small number of special monsters will maintain the ability to completely resist enfeeblement, but it will become possible to cast enfeebling spells on most monsters that used to resist outright.
                          sigpic

Comment

Mal, what part of "It's SE therefore we can't have nice things" are you having trouble understanding?

Comment

Mal... I saw the same thing... but I'm inclined to agree with Cid here. SE has done this a lot in the past. They make it seem like they're giving us something awesome... and even go so far as to say "Guyz wii promise, kay? 4srys this time!" and we get shafted. This very small number could just as easily be calculated like this:

Add up all the new mobs from FoV and GoV that were put in.
                              Add up all the mobs we have in the game from before Abyssea.
                              Add up all the mobs from Voidwatch.
                              Add up all the out of Abyssea VNMs.
                              Add up all the WoE mobs.

Lets call this number... 3000. I have no idea what it actually is.

Now how many mobs do we have in all abyssea zones that are currently immune to enfeebles? Lets say 100.

What % of 3000 is 100? It's around 2.5%, right? That seems like a "Very Small Number" to me. And hey... they wouldn't have to change anything!

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
                              99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
                              99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Working...
                              X