Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Version Update Has Arrived! (12/14/2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Version Update Has Arrived! (12/14/2011)

So I'm wondering why Playonline is giving me so much trouble with trying to just update the game. Suddenly, my Virus Scan tells me it just removed a pwmmorpg malware of some sort hidden in my Final Fantasy XI files.

...I feel violated.
    sigpic

Comment

http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/mis...tml#post944478

For those of you who can't access BG or the WIKI page. Those are the details regarding the final Limit Break quest.

Bastok & Windurst Rank 10. ZM, CoP, ToAU, WoTG, ACP, MKD, ASA & SOA Complete.
      99 Kannagi / 99 Armageddon / 119 Nirvana Adventuring Fellow: Level 99
      99 SMN / 99 NIN / 99 COR / 99 WHM / 99 PUP / 99 BLM / 99 THF / 99 SCH / 99 GEO

Yyg's Blog: Tree of Awesome!

Comment

Fat macros are ugly as sin. I want my compact style back.

---------- Post added at 11:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

In more pleasant news, being able to sub helix spells has made my day. I've always enjoyed healing over time and damage over time effects, but the mechanical workings of Scholar as a main job were most definitely not my cup of tea. Being able to get a proper DoT spell line is just all kinds of fun. It's also got me working through the math for my nuking set again. I'm going to need to put together a helix build, because straight MAB stacking isn't going to give me the best results. Heck, I may need to rework my nuking set too now that I've got a better handle on the math than before(back when I made the mistake of trying to calculate everything in terms of dINT and making things unnecessarily complicated).
        Server: Midgardsormr -> Quetzalcoatl -> Valefor
        Name: Drjones
        Blog: Mediocre Mage

Comment

Diabolos: Pavor Nocturnus (Lv. 98)
          Lures an enemy into an eternal nightmare.
          *If the enemy is not lured into an eternal nightmare, will give an effect of Dispel instead.

MP Cost: 155

I know how it works, after a lot of testing via a friend of mine (yes... dance puppet... dance).

- The ability works like the spell "Death".
          - It's single-target... and there's a trick to it.
          - In order for the spell to have any effect at all, your target must be asleep.
          - The Death effect is not 100%. It can miss completely.

- I had him try it out on various mobs in Abyssea and out of Abyssea and it seems to proc 50% of the time... as long as the mob is not resistant to Darkness based spells (aka: Undead).

- His Summoning Magic Skill was at 356 at the time. More Summoning Magic skill may or may not increase that chance... but it was still around 50% proc rate even on TW mobs.

- If it fails to trigger Death, it instead casts dispel on the mob without waking it up.

It's clever... but it's going to get shelved along with all the other ultimately useless BPs...

---------- Post added at 09:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Originally posted by cidbahamut View Post
          Fat macros are ugly as sin. I want my compact style back.
          You can go into the new FFXI-Config menu to change the Macros back. This involves dropping your resolution settings back down below 1024. Anything 1024 and above will default to the "fat macros".
          Last edited by Yygdrasil; 12-15-2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

But I like my resolution the way it is. I just don't want fat macros

Comment

I feel the same way... but thats the only fix I've been able to find so far. It's not much but its something.

Comment

I guess I'll wait and hope the Windower community comes up with a fix. There's no reason they couldn't have given us the option to toggle between the old and new style.

Comment

Is anybody else at all having my problem? A lot of the NPCs in my game seemed to have changed names to generic things like "NPC" or "Door: Bastok Consul" (that's the current name of my moogle). I ran into a lot of problems while trying to update the game. Namely, BSODs for whatever reason. And a malware thinger getting removed.
                  sigpic

Comment

Can't say I have the same problem. I run the game on 3the systems and everything is fine on my end.

Comment

Working...
                    X