Square Enix Account Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Square Enix Account Transfer

Any company your credit card company sees as out of your ordinary pattern will get flagged.... happened to me when I bought a bday gift for my mom. Welcome to the age of Big-Brother.
    FFxiv ~ (PS3 Beta) 24THM, 16LNC, 16CNJ, 15MRD/GLD/ARC/PUG
    FFxi ~ (Inactive) 99DNC/THF/SAM/BLU

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m
    aybe, read it again, insert smiley faces, rainbows, and glitter as needed.

Comment

So . . . I just finished setting up the transfer for my POL account.

When I was given the option to pay through ClickandBuy versus Crysta, well, hearing all the things I heard about ClickandBuy, I said "well, sign me up for Crysta."

And then I go to add Crysta, and they say "To pay for Crysta, choose between either ClickandBuy, or this other service which we're flat-out telling you could give you surcharges."

Er. Lose-lose? What am I supposed to do . . . ? Either use ClickandBuy, or . . . use ClickandBuy? Gee, I'm really liking my options, here . . .

The thing is, I'm already using a card with VbV on it, anyway, so it's not like I need to be routed through anything, right . . . ?
      Last edited by Yellow Mage; 08-09-2011, 12:46 PM.
      Originally posted by Armando
      No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
      Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
      Originally posted by Taskmage
      GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
      However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
      Matthew 16:15

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow Mage View Post
        When I was given the option to pay through ClickandBuy versus Crysta, well, hearing all the things I heard about ClickandBuy, I said "well, sign me up for Crysta."

And then I go to add Crysta, and they say "To pay for Crysta, choose between either ClickandBuy, or this other service which we're flat-out telling you could give you surcharges."
        When I reached this point I stopped. I'll transfer when they give me a better option or I no longer have a choice.
        lagolakshmi on Guildwork :: Lago Aletheia on Lodestone

Comment

Strictly speaking, I've already transferred, and am currently sitting on 0 Crysta . . .
          No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
          Nintendo always seems to have a legion of haters at the wings ready to jump in and prop up straw men about hardware and gimmicks and casuals.
          GOD IS MIFFED AT AMERICA

REPENT SINNERS OR AT LEAST GIVE A NONCOMMITTAL SHRUG

GOD IS AMBIVALENT ABOUT FURRIES

THE END IS COMING ONE OF THESE DAYS WHEN GOD GETS AROUND TO IT
          However much I am actually smart, I got that way by confronting how stupid I am.
          Matthew 16:15

Comment

I went with ClickNBuy and have already seen a charge on my CC. I have noticed a charge of $0.48 for "INTERNATIONAL TRANSACTION FEE" and am looking into the matter. My bank told me to contact ClickAndBuy and I am awaiting a response. I saw nothing in the sign up that hinted at additional fees but I'm also not quite sure where else this fee may have come from.

Will update.

<---------- Aware $0.48 is not even as much as sales tax in my state but am wanting to get to the bottom of this.

Any opinions expressed are my own, and potentially unpopular with others. Should this be upsetting, m

Comment

It probably relates to the following Neverslip, many companies do it then refund the charge shortly after:

Will my card be charged during the registration of my ClickandBuy account?

During the registration process we may seek to authenticate your payment details by placing a small amount on your credit/debit card.
              This transaction is purely a pre-authorized charge and no funds are taken from your account. After 3-5 working days the charge will be automatically released.

Comment

Originally posted by Murphie View Post
                I read that it says that the JP can buy exact amounts of crysta, but I don't know if that's actually true as I can't read Japanese.
                Yes, from the WebMoney page you can send any amount of WebMoney to be converted to Crysta. My remaining 769 WebMoney points from the old system were added to my account as 769 Crysta when I told it to convert them. I'm not stuck buying in 500 point increments.
                http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by Ariyashia View Post
                  They say they will let you transfer regions on the POL account if you haven't already bound it to a SE account. though if you transfer from JP to NA, you will need to buy new codes for everything for NA region.

Unfortunately, I think most everyone has already bound their JP POL accounts to JP SE accounts and SE says this can not be undone once it is done. To get the mog satchel and security token. I don't know if they will let us webmoney in august for September through pol. Does JP SE account have webmoney?

I started an NA account years ago and I have a character there that is up to 90 now. With the high expense of webmoney due to paying a couple different people fees, sutocorp and palpay fees, I'm gonna shutdown my imported account on Aug 31, unless I can get 1 more month out of it in September.

Firesped
                  You don't have to buy new registration codes for anything, it just converts the PlayOnline account. All expansions stay registered, but any future expansions will need to be bought from the new region, it will disable JP codes from working anymore.

I wish I had another account with my same progress and NA region. I've not wanted to start over since it took me until January of 2009 to get to level 75 with my first job. I only had time to play that one account, and that was about 125 days of playtimne to get that job that high. Starting over again and having to do all those missions again, with less free time now, is absolutely out of the question.

Support hasn't responded to me about the region change issue in over a month, after saying they'd escalate the problem.
                  http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/gen...igure-out.html
                  http://www.assemblergames.com/forums...n-on-NA-US-PS2 (Adoulin install on NA PS2)
                  http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.htm
                  My PlayStation2 HDD guide. Made with a Japanese PS2 with a HDD and PSBBN 0.20-0.32.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzlebeard View Post
                    It probably relates to the following Neverslip, many companies do it then refund the charge shortly after:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    Quote:
                    Will my card be charged during the registration of my ClickandBuy account?

During the registration process we may seek to authenticate your payment details by placing a small amount on your credit/debit card.
                    This transaction is purely a pre-authorized charge and no funds are taken from your account. After 3-5 working days the charge will be automatically released.
                    I remember that authentication section and the charge was a straight up $2 that was to be refunded. Maybe they are doing it in random increments, lol?

I got an automated response real as soon as I'd sent my question to their Customer Service dept. It was the usual, "Blah blah blah thank you for your patronage... blah blah blah... we'll get back to you". So, I"m still awaiting a response.

Comment

I fucking hate the Clickandbuy route.

I try to pay my fees it takes me to my SE account, in there w/e i try to transfer it tskes me to the main page, if I try to update my payment method it takes me to the main page aswell.

What the hell?

Heres the best part, they got their fees pending on my CC and I can't do shit with my EU account.

I'm freaking glad that my main account is US and I was able to get all this crap done in 3minutes via crysta.

I'm so effing pissed.

What the hell is ClickandBuy and where did it come from and what possed god forsaken SE to use them?!

Everybody hates them just let us pay directly instead of this shit.

Comment

Hmm... I had none of that trouble. My acct is US and I used a Visa. I am still awaiting a message from them regarding a random $0.43 International something fee that showed up. I'm keeping my eye on my acct though pho shizzle d-double dizzle.

I'm

Comment

Working...
                        X